Graphics anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics anyone?

Is it just me or do the graphics look a bit more cartoony than Battlefield 2 and 2142?

I was expecting some graphics somewhere between Battlefield 2 and either Crysis or Far Cry 2, but they look like 1/4th the way from Battlefield 2 to Battlefield Heroes to me.

Anyone get this sense?

Re: Graphics anyone?

They looked cartoony, but in the later videos, they seem to have changed and become more gritty.

Comment

Yea, the characters and tanks did look really cartoonish, looks better now, still looks somewhat cartoonish to me.

Comment

Think it could be the bright colours they seem to be using for everything, it has looked a lot less cartoony in that latest video but I mean, they probably haven't finished doing all of the textures.

Comment

The people do look a little cartoony, but the bright colors of the landscape make it look awesome.

Comment

even tho it quiet pretty u will notice lots of simple graphics(look at the ground and textures)(shadows)

I think frostbite can only handle small content at this stage?hence 3 maps and limited play.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaoticrambo
              Is it just me or do the graphics look a bit more cartoony than Battlefield 2 and 2142?

I was expecting some graphics somewhere between Battlefield 2 and either Crysis or Far Cry 2, but they look like 1/4th the way from Battlefield 2 to Battlefield Heroes to me.

Anyone get this sense?
              Sunny days.

I'm glad they aren't just making everything look brown and grey.

Comment

Better the focus is on other things than graphics that make you puter go ouch :nod:

may be the player count not the number of barks before cover is broken :/

Comment

Damit you guys & girls , poll already? Who cares?

There are many/many things to consider! Like back to things that work, stop trying to re-invent the wheel when it's done already.

Simple would be, destuctable scenery or more players? like to know the concensus on this, now lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
                    Sunny days.

I'm glad they aren't just making everything look brown and grey.
                    well thats the idea in war so you can hide and snipe

Comment

Originally posted by xRAMBOx
                      well thats the idea in war so you can hide and snipe
                      it's fabricated atmosphere.

Comment

I cant wait untill this comes out, I think it looks good as of late.

Comment

Personally I never thought it looked cartoony. DICE has been trying to provide very friendly and unique atmosphere, if that's what you're thinking of.

Bright colours =/= cartoony

As Deesies, I'm happy they step away from the shades of brown and grey most other games tend to be using these days.

Comment

The new screenshots look a lot better, but I thought it was cartoony before those as well.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by ique
                              personally i never thought it looked cartoony. Dice has been trying to provide very friendly and unique atmosphere, if that's what you're thinking of.

Bright colours =/= cartoony

as deesies, i'm happy they step away from the shades of brown and grey most other games tend to be using these days.
                              QfT!...

Comment

Working...
                              X