Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8x anti- aliasing ???

hi

is it posibble to set 8x aliasing because when i try to set it it goes back to 4x eny ideas what could be wrong here ??

Re: 8x anti- aliasing ???

it is just a bug. you can set it to any x you want by editting the con files in your settings map, which is located in my documents if i am not misunderstood.

Comment

If you edit the file to 8x, it is forcing 8x whether it says 4x anyway. So it is working, no worries. Same is true when you force a particular resolution.

Comment

yeah i found a solution here http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=141822

you can close this one

fixed the link

Comment

interesting failed link there

Comment

I was also having the same problem, then edited my video.con file for 8x AA. Only problem is, my monitor is a Samsung 23" HD running a native res. of 1900x1080. What would be a realistic res to fun 2142 in? I added 1900x1080 to the video.con file but it looks horrible. Also installed the latest video drivers.....am I going to have to run at a lesser res "in game"? Also downloaded widescreen fixer but does not have support for 2142 1.5. It's possible I got the wrong fixer because I reinstalled Vista last night just so the game would run :/

Thanks for any advice you can give.

$

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCircuitCash
              I was also having the same problem, then edited my video.con file for 8x AA. Only problem is, my monitor is a Samsung 23" HD running a native res. of 1900x1080. What would be a realistic res to fun 2142 in? I added 1900x1080 to the video.con file but it looks horrible. Also installed the latest video drivers.....am I going to have to run at a lesser res "in game"? Also downloaded widescreen fixer but does not have support for 2142 1.5. It's possible I got the wrong fixer because I reinstalled Vista last night just so the game would run :/

Thanks for any advice you can give.

$
              buy a smaller monitor . Its hard to say you schould just rty all off them and see whitch one looks best

Comment

i use the shortcut to set the video resolution

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1080

Works find for me

Comment

Usually best to set via Nvidia Control Panel - Leave at the default of "Application Controlled". Forgetting this setting can result in wtf lag lol!

Control in-game always if possible.

Comment

What about the sound settings? i mean for some reason it says my sound drivers are not compatible with the ultra high X-fi settings yet i have a creative x-fi card with latest drivers :S
                    even manually editing the .con file and making it read only doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtneter
                      What about the sound settings? i mean for some reason it says my sound drivers are not compatible with the ultra high X-fi settings yet i have a creative x-fi card with latest drivers :S
                      even manually editing the .con file and making it read only doesn't work.
                      Just a check, you are in "game mode" in your X-Fi console launcher yup? It won't work if you're not.

Comment

Hmm i reinstalled the drivers and now it gives me this error

Comment

Originally posted by Dtneter
                          Hmm i reinstalled the drivers and now it gives me this error

Sounds like you need to drop kick your PC down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Working...
                          X