somebody told me dolphin diving was a glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody told me dolphin diving was a glitch

srsly i was on this FFA server and this redneck kid told me it was a banble offense because jumping and then going prone is like a glitch in the game that makes people really hard to hit...

then this other guy was like "yeah hes using a macro to jump and then go prone or go prone while shooting"

got any input?

Re: somebody told me dolphin diving was a glitch

My input is this.

There is no dolphin diving, not in cod4, not in BF2, not now.

Comment

Dolphin diving a glitch my asre. its just annoying, but not a glitch.

Comment

*Disclaimer: I am not an admin of either of the games you listed so this is simply a personal opinion on a general topic.

-------------------

Under the technical definition of a "glitch" it may well be. A "glitch" being just an extension of an "exploit". An "exploit" being the use/abuse of a flaw in the game's programming to gain an advantage over other players.

If you are making it harder to hit you by diving onto the ground then you are obviously not intentionally using a "glitch". If you are diving AND jumping back up in quick succession then you would be. This is only because by doing so you are intentionally creating lag in effect to your character model. This lag makes it harder to hit you since the server and the other clients will have much more packet loss in regards to your characters position and interactivity in the game.

Will this get you banned? In some servers. It would come down to a matter of your own personal honor. It is determined by your desire to appear as someone who would use a game "glitch" to gain an advantage whether or not you use it. It is a borderline "glitch" in most organized gaming communities but that is because it is virtually impossible to prove. Short of someone saying "yeah I have a macro set to do it." you could never say whether they are doing it manually.

Me personally, I say be above it and take the lumps. I would rather lose clean than win dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Field
          srsly i was on this FFA server and this redneck kid told me it was a banble offense because jumping and then going prone is like a glitch in the game that makes people really hard to hit...

then this other guy was like "yeah hes using a macro to jump and then go prone or go prone while shooting"

got any input?
          There will always be those admins that can ban you for anything. Some admins ban you if you run to much, or jump to much :|:. Take the ban and you will never have to worry about the server again lol :laugh:. Like Dual_core and Kyle said, there is no dophin diving glitch in cod4. You can jump and lay down as soon as you land, and that is not a glitch.

@X
          your thinking way to much of how moving makes people lag in JO, it isn't like that in COD

Comment

I got banned for jumping round a corner while shooting.

8 year olds with rcon...

Comment

Dolphin Diving in COD4? I want to see this. It takes so much time to stand back up that I would imagine it would be much easier to hit a person attempting to do it.

Comment

The worst server i ever went on and got banned, was a server that didnt allow running on S&D you had to crouch and move while being shot at.
                I started to run in small burst of maybe 3 foot each time and then got banned by the admins for abusing the server rules.
                It wouldnt of been bad if they modded the server to stop you from running but they never, just spammed the server rules and banned anyone who didnt abide by them.
                Suppose its my own fault for going on such a pathetic server.

Comment

Yeah I've been to a server like that I got warned for walking/running. So I theought if I'm gonna break their rules, at least I can do it in an extreme way. So I started hopping around corners and sprinting.

As long as people are interested in rules like that, there will be servers doing this kind of sketch stuff.

Comment

Along time since ive posted here so i think ill start on this thread.
                    -------------------------------------------

To be honest its a sad state of affairs when you just cant play a game like its meant to be played. These stupid servers which ban such things as running and such, P90's things like that, are just a waste of space. The only reason the admins feel a need to ban certain things is because if they allow people to do them it means that they wont be the best on the server. About 75% of server rules are just for the admins benefit. To make the game more playable for them. So i say **** the stupid servers and go on one which allows the game to be played like it was made to be played.

Comment

yeah i got kicked from this one server playing bloc for ''pool shooting'' like wtf is pool shooting and how did they manage to make a rule against it

Comment

I thought you had to hit the ground before going prone in CoD4. Even if you press prone in midair, it won't do anything until you hit the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                          I thought you had to hit the ground before going prone in CoD4. Even if you press prone in midair, it won't do anything until you hit the ground.
                          Yeah, that's true. However, unlike what some people are saying, while proning is not as effective as in BF2 (because of no proning in midair) you still see it quite a bit even in competitive play as it's a viable tactic when taking fire in the open. Still, sprinting to the nearest cover and crouch jumping is far more effective.

Comment

as it pertains to TGL this is not considered a "glitch". The only way you could be "banned" is if the public server rules state that it's not allowed.

I agree with most posters as some servers go a little overboard with their rules, but hey, they're paying for it. If you don't like the way it's set up then go to one of the other 5000 servers available

Comment

Working...
                            X