somebody told me dolphin diving was a glitch '-'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• somebody told me dolphin diving was a glitch '-'

srsly i was on this FFA server and this redneck kid told me it was a banble offense because jumping and then going prone is like a glitch in the game that makes people really hard to hit...

then this other guy was like "yeah hes using a macro to jump and then go prone or go prone while shooting"

got any input?

Re: somebody told me dolphin diving was a glitch '-'

It's not a glitch, plain and simple. Although I don't know why you were diving, jumping is much more effective in CoD4/5 than prone spamming.

And just a heads up, there wasn't much of a need to post the same thread in multiple sections.

Comment

Its not a glitch, just an annoyance. You can still kill dolphin divers, you just have to be sure you are aiming instead of spraying.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This isn't like BF2 where the hitboxes lag all over and make people generate clouds of dust. The hit registration in this game is pretty solid. So hopping and diving is much less effective, and is totally not an exploit in any way, shape, or form.

Comment

Getting cover is the best option. And you can't truly 'dolphin dive' in this game like you could in BF2. Most of the time, those people whine b/c they're slower players. That is usually my experience anyway. In the RL, you're taught to get low when fire is coming, well, obviously getting cover is nice if it's an option. Plus, your gun is more accurate in prone with an ironsight then just standing up shooting. I hit prone or crouch without the jump b/c most nubs just keep firing above you and aren't smart enough to then move their cursor down. Been using the crouch trick since MoHAA days. Still works.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
            Most of the time, those people whine b/c they're slower players. .
            ^ this

Comment

I don't know what servers you guys play in, but I honestly hardly ever see any prone-spamming in Call of Duty, primarily because it's extremely ineffective. Sprinting to the side and/or jumping will put you out of their sights much quicker than proning, and getting out of their initial sight gives you the advantage with mobility and knowledge of their position - whereas going prone leaves you extremely vulnerable.

Comment

Yeah, the only time I prone is when the terrain or cover is right. If dropping to the ground puts a wall or hill in between me and the enemy, then I crouch above the cover and start returning fire. Flopping to the ground right in front of someone just slows you down and limits your turn/aim speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
                  Yeah, the only time I prone is when the terrain or cover is right. If dropping to the ground puts a wall or hill in between me and the enemy, then I crouch above the cover and start returning fire. Flopping to the ground right in front of someone just slows you down and limits your turn/aim speed.
                  In competitive play for CoD:UO, that was the main tactic used by a lot of people. It cuts down on your recoil, and you are a smaller target to hit when prone, and you go prone quickly. And I use it all of the time and headshot people before they hit me in CoD:WW. Granted, this tactic is more used in the open then say tiny alleys or something similar.

Comment

Working...
                  X