This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new aiming hack?

I played BF2 the last few days on two different servers and both times ran into hackers who were shooting from a million miles away. First there was Larry_Fitzgerald on Karkand. He was sniping a million miles away and maybe even through a building. He was so far, he was using an M95 and I couldn't even hear the shots and snipe me perfectly. Just looking at his stats, I can tell he cheats. Then today, there was a guy named weaver on Mashtuur who was shooting from a vodnik from way on the other side of the map. Then he finally gave up and drove up and was killing people left and right as a medic with one shot kills. I switched teams and spawned off him and teamkilled him until he locked his squad. Then I watched as he sat back in the middle of nowhere not near any enemy flags and racked up kills shooting from across the map, which is what I've seen Larry_Fitzgerald do too. Of course there's never any admins around to ban these people. Their names can live in infamy here though.

I don't usually see such blatant aim hacking. Usually it's just a wall glitch or speed hack. Plus there's the hack where a team is locked out of getting a commander.

Re: new aiming hack?

Video or it didn't happen.

Comment

Comments like that are just dumb. That's like saying if I murdered someone and there wasn't a video of it, then it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor127
        Comments like that are just dumb. That's like saying if I murdered someone and there wasn't a video of it, then it didn't happen.
        His comment is more an Internet phrase. He just wants images

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
          His comment is more an Internet phrase. He just wants images
          Not only that, the OP is throwing someone's name out there. Without proof that those players are actually doing something wrong the OP comes off as someone just trying to slander/libel/drag someone's name through the mud.

Without real proof, you have no credibility with an unsubstantiated hackusation.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
            Not only that, the OP is throwing someone's name out there. Without proof that those players are actually doing something wrong the OP comes off as someone just trying to slander/libel/drag someone's name through the mud.

Without real proof, you have no credibility with an unsubstantiated hackusation.
            Unnamed Assailant - The video game attorney at law.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
              Unnamed Assailant - The video game attorney at law.
              Sigged.

And anyways, @ OP, hackers have always been here and will never go away, just find a new server. There have been countless threads similar to this, and as much as we hate hackers who ruin the game for others, there's nothing we can do about it :dead:

Comment

Friggin' sweetness, I made my way into a sig! (sort of) :yay:

Seriously, though, there is almost nothing I hate more than a load-that-should-have-been-swallowed hacker. Cheating in single player - I don't care. Cheating in multiplayer games and ruining the experiences of other players - death by a million paper cuts while being dipped in salty lime juice is less pain than I wish upon them.

However! I have been accused of hacking a few times. I've never cheated in a multiplayer game. So being falsely accused of something so vile does bother me a bit. Without proof, I have no way of knowing if you were calling out some real chock blocks or just trying to humiliate someone who irritated you. Or maybe, they could just be good players. Unless you are the best player in the world, and there is just about no way to quantify and verify that, someone is better than you. Without video proof to back up your claim, your claim can not be verified by an objective third-party. So we're expected to take the word of someone who has been killed by these players repeatedly as an objective and definitive verification that they were cheating and should be publicly shamed?

I've seen players banned from servers right as they came in just because the admin thought he remembered hearing that name somewhere as someone who was bad news. A suspicion of possible suspicion of wrongdoing?
                But horrible admins are not the main subject at hand here, so I'll stop right....NOW!

Comment

Plus there's the hack where a team is locked out of getting a commander.
                  This can also be a bug when this happens.

Also the weapons you talked about are not the sort of weapons hackers use , they like to stick to the same weapons i have noticed and the M95 is not on of they and nor is the vodnik , plus you said the guy in the vodnik gave up and drove off , well does that mean he did not kill you.

Also you are still in range of the M95 even though you can't hear if been fired , you can't even hear the M95 at karkand's bridge from one side of the bridge to the other side of the bridge and that's NOWHERE near the range limit of the M95.

Sorry i think you called HACK a bit to freely this time

Comment

If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.

Comment

I've run across a few cheaters where they like to sit in the .50cal of a jeep and kill people from far distances across the map. most likely they are using no-fog or map hacks. once on surge 2 clan guys in a .50cal truck were shooting up my chopper through heavy fog 300+ meters away which is impossible on surge. one solo tv solved that problem. a couple days later i saw them listed on pbbans.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Yep, hackers, the scum of the video game world. I don't even want to call them hackers really, it's like a compliment. 99% of the people you see "hacking" are 12 year olds with a bit of christmas cash that pay hacking sites to give them the latest greatest hack when in reality they know nothing more than how to launch an .exe. Hackers aren't anything new to battlefield, or any game for that matter. Just play in a decent server that has at least one admin on most of the time. They aren't hard to come by, and if the admins are decent, that is where the most fun lies anyhow.

Comment

^ To respond to that, the funny thing is, most hackers aren't "kiddies" - many are, but from my experience, most kids actually enjoy playing the game for what it's worth. Many hackers are older and simply enjoy causing people to throw fits and rage, similar to a person that would troll a forum, they simply find it amusing to watch people get angry over meaningless things.

What I hate more than a blatant cheater, however, is a cheater who uses wallhacks or more subtle hacks to gain an advantage in competition. I've lost matches against teams who've later been discovered to have had a hacker on their roster, and that upsets me the most, because those players are bragging about their skill/superiority to you when all along they were cheating. I do get annoyed with those players who simply enjoy to annoy public servers, but I find them to be much more harmless overall than a subtle cheater who plays competitively.

Comment

Like Defekt said...........go find another server or two, or three, etc. that have decent administrators and play on those. Who needs the aggravation of some ******* cheaters. Remember it's only a game ( yeah right ).

Comment

No hackusations please.

Comment

Working...
                              X