Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else think that this game is more challenging than cod4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else think that this game is more challenging than cod4?

srsly caus i've been playing this for a bit and i find this game harder/ more skillful for a number of reasons:

first off it seems that the weapons in this game have more recoil in general than the equivalent ones in cod4, like with shooting the thompson you can actually apply the technique of holding the reticle down and it fires a more accurate burst of bullets

first off you dont have the conventional assault rifles that fire automatic, you got these single shot rifles instead which are pretty good overall but then arent really the do-it-all type weapons like the M4 and AK47 in cod4

the dimensions of enemy soldiers i swear seem to be different like they are skinnier and run faster in this game

then the lighting and environments seem to be catered to making people blend in more with the surroundings and they are harder to see

Re: anyone else think that this game is more challenging than cod4?

then i would also add that because of that sound occlusion thing, enemies dont make as much noise and are harder to locate by sound

Comment

To extent, I think so, CoD2 is still much harder than both of them though.

Comment

would it be worth it to buy cod2?

Comment

WaW is probably the easiest game so far in the CoD series. With the further implementation of vehicles, perks, etc. from the already easy CoD4 (it's all relative, of course) the game is being geared more towards casual gamers, which was extremely obvious in WaW. The /record feature being withheld from the initial release, as well as issues in the config and more casual gameplay were all reasons for the competitive community to stay away - and the competitive community normally stays with the harder games.

It is worth it to buy CoD2 if you want a good challenge. There are still plenty of good players in the game and it's much harder than CoD4 (no sprint for example) but the competitive scene isn't nearly as big as it used to be. Even CoD4's competitive scene is dying out, so hopefully with the agreement on mods between the EU and US MW2 will bring life back to the CoD scene.

The game's difficulty, though it should not be, is judged by how much is put into it, rather than what is left out. Earlier games such as CS, CSS, CoD1/2 were harder games, and are still LAN'd, because of what they didn't include - things like running and cooked nades weren't put in, and skill was pretty much determined by your ability to navigate the map successfully and have good reaction speeds. Now, games like CoD4 and WaW have introduced perks which give less-experienced players a better chance at surviving - increased health, softened running/walking noises (with perks) all take away from the parts of the game that require true skill.

That's why if you've ever played in competitive CoD4 matches, you don't see any perks or anything that makes the game easier. You're forced to make sure you don't make any noise (any odd ledges, running, etc.) - you can prefire walls and other spots based on the time in the round, what sounds you hear, or where players normally run. You have to actually learn to guard bombs rather than simply placing C4/Claymores on it, it's just a lot to learn to play at a higher-level, and many casual players don't have the time or desire to learn what they need to, and this is why newer games are implementing features that make it directly easier for new, casual players.

Comment

i wasnt really talking about perks or vehicles i was more talking about the shooting mechanics, how easy it is to see enemies and how sound is different in the game.

Comment

In a pub I think they are more or less equal, so rated by difficulty:
              CoD4≈WAW<<< CoD2 < CoD1
              If you want recoil, try out CoD1's MP44.

Comment

so what was the deal? your not able to sprint in cod2? im not sure how one could label a mechanic like that "skillful" or not.

Comment

People class bunnyhopping around corners, and just generally running around like mad as 'unskillful' and so they say CoD2 is more skillful. It's a much slower paced game. Personally, I do find that CoD2 requires more skill, but i'm not sure why.. It just is.

Comment

CoD2 requires more skill because weapons are more accurate, and in general have more recoil + no perks etc. You can't cook nades so you really need to time your throws, and while most weapons are perfectly fine to just spray with in CoD4, you often need to hit with that first shot in CoD2, because it might be the only shot you have.

Also, the trench gun is awesome.

Comment

hey so i bought cod2 and installed it but before i did my comp said that there were ''known compatibility issues''

then the multiplayer starts up just fine but i wouldnt mind playing the single player campaign but for some reason the single player doesnt work..

anybody know what the deal is with that?

Comment

oh nevermind i just needed to install the latest patch for the game (1.3)

Comment

wow i can definitely see why some people like this game

hey 2 questions though

is there a way to actually map the sprint key 'f' to 'shift' instead? i would kind of like it to be like all the other games i play you know

and then i notice that this game does NOT use core2duo cpu's very efficiently it looks like its made to only run on 1 core. is there something i can change so both cores are utilized rather than just 1?

Comment

There is no sprint in CoD2, if you have it then it means you're on a custom/modded server, so I doubt you can customize it, but just try going to your controls while in the server and see if they added the ability to map it (I know some mods in CoD4 did that).

As for the latter, no idea. Sorry.

You may want to try the edit tool as well

Comment

Working...
                            X