vista64 owning me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vista64 owning me.

Prolly not in the good section, but here is where the most ppl check...
    Okey, I got myself a new HDD, vista and sapphire HD 4870 1G. I was playing with my new video card settings to get a optimal AA after few attempts i got this ''bf2142.exe stopped'' bla bla error... wow. Now ive been here allday like a **** trying to optimise my vista and hardware and now this **** happens... anyhelp anyone?

Re: vista64 owning me.

umm k i got vista x64 and (check my system to see what i got) first thing i did was install all the drivers and then i installed bf2142 and some other games that i got now.

does it give you any other details as to the failure? does it reference a certain file or anything like that?

first thing i would try is just not goofing with the AA in the gpu options and just adjust the AA for bf2142 in the game options. When i had my AA set to 4x in game and i was goofing with the control panel and having it set at 4x in the control panel the text in-game like in the console was all pixelated and messed up looking and then a couple of times i got this wierd brown striped death screen could have been because of that.

so yeah first thing dont goof with AA in the gpu control panel see if that helps

Comment

If you set the game to run at a resolution/refresh rate and then change your desktop resolution or refresh rate, the game will not work. You need to delete all the video.con files in your Documents\Battlefield\Profiles folders, including default, or open them with notepad and edit the relevant line.

Comment

Originally posted by Natt
        If you set the game to run at a resolution/refresh rate and then change your desktop resolution or refresh rate, the game will not work. .
        ive never had that problem

Comment

uninstal; all virtual drives ie. daemon etc and esp. blind write

Comment

I solved the prob by reformating my C drive. Now it works fine but iam still having nasty in-game AA with my 4870HD... iam starting to miss my old MSI 8600gt even if FPS was low.

Comment

what do you mean by nasty?? give me a screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by Field
                what do you mean by nasty?? give me a screenshot
                here ya go check at background
                [media]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8312/screen000.jpg[/media]

alright now every thing is alright, i dont know why. I booted 2142 and now i have nicet GFX... finally
                [media]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5848/screen002.png[/media]

If anyone from TGN play titan server add me ill prolly be gaming tonight.

Comment

Working...
                X