Bad Company 2 to have 40 players!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Company 2 to have 40 players!?

I was looking on the official EA UK bad company forums and saw this, It is VERY VERY interesting! Is it true? Could it be!?

Re: Bad Company 2 to have 40 players!?

Sounds intriguing and it's easy to jump to conclusions but I think I'll wait and see if we see the same news from another source as well

Comment

I have also read that they were gonna cap it at 24 >.< Changed their mind? But if it was 40 players for consoles that would be awesome if not a bit laggy. Hopefully it will be at least that for the PC version.

Comment

Being a console guy I kinda jumped all over it. I hope its true........I hope!

Originally posted by [USAC]Maj.Frantic[X|SA]
        I have also read that they were gonna cap it at 24 >.< Changed their mind? But if it was 40 players for consoles that would be awesome if not a bit laggy. Hopefully it will be at least that for the PC version.
        They could be saying 24 so they can surprise people at E3 with 40 player thing. It is welcomed If TRUE. If it is done right, I hope the servers will not be bad.

Comment

ffow had Up to 50 players using Xbox Live Dedicated servers. so I don't see dice having a problem doing the same

Comment

Originally posted by Basil.
            ffow had Up to 50 players using Xbox Live Dedicated servers. so I don't see dice having a problem doing the same
            True. Remember this is from a xbox OXM of UK magazine. So this could be the console cap of 40 players. Maybe the PC version for you guys will have more! Interesting if proven!

Comment

The PC version would most likely have more.

If they are able to do it with 1943 (Consoles - 24, PC - unknown limit greater than 24) then I'm thinking they'll do the same with BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil.
                FFOW had extreme lag on the dedis for most of the opening months. I only ever played with the dude next door to me because the lag got so bad on the other servers, think it could be fixed now, don't think anyone plays it anymore though.

Hopefully, Dice will be able to at least decrease the lag, but I mean BF: BC has a lot of lag aswell, random graphical glitches and some other stuff when you are on a full server.

I also have to point out, that they haven't actually mentioned anything about dedicated servers have they? Please for the love of god they better have them (console)!

Comment

Originally posted by [USAC]Maj.Frantic[X|SA]
                  FFOW had extreme lag on the dedis for most of the opening months. I only ever played with the dude next door to me because the lag got so bad on the other servers, think it could be fixed now, don't think anyone plays it anymore though.

Hopefully, Dice will be able to at least decrease the lag, but I mean BF: BC has a lot of lag aswell, random graphical glitches and some other stuff when you are on a full server.

I also have to point out, that they haven't actually mentioned anything about dedicated servers have they? Please for the love of god they better have them (console)!
                  I'd say you could blame some of the lag on the fact that the game is on UE3. It seems to have trouble holding more than 32 or so people on a server at once. UT3 for PC has the same problems.

Comment

I think in the Gamerkings video, Ben says something about dedicated servers.

Comment

I am fine with 40 players

Comment

It would be hard to have 64 players with the high-end graphics. Maybe by next year they'll have the capability for 64 players. I hope I don't have to upgrade my computer though.

Comment

More to a point they say

depends on the map, can be... 128 player for the PC, damn these devs are close console combat - chip away at wood, concrete BF. How about concentrating on large scale warfare, using the BF theme for the future of huge battles [me want's].

Sod destuctable chipping away at tosh, for hardcore 128 battle; involving less destruct for more map/players *sigh if only pc so soon - love you long time*

Comment

wow. wrong furum

Comment

Working...
                            X