What server does BF2 need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What server does BF2 need?

Hey guys, as many of you might know i am trying to get a community server running. There are too many damn IO kark servers and what not. Basically i want to know what the community wants out of a new server. There is one rule that is not optional, and that is teamwork!!!

Here are two different concepts i have for the server;

1) TacticalGS.com CITY+CARRIER
    68.232.165.55:16567
    (vehicles on)
    (player cap 42)

Map List
    -Karkand
    -Oman
    -Mashtuur
    -Jalalabad
    -Dalian Plant
    -Sharqi
    (all med maps)

2) TacticalGS.com =CITY MAPS=
    68.232.165.55:16567
    (vehicles on)
    (player cap 30)
    (currently running this set-up)

Map List
    -Karkand
    -Oman
    -Mashtuur
    -Jalalabad
    -Sharqi
    (all small maps)

Which do you like better?

If you feel this is a server you will enjoy and participate in, please submitt your feedback or ANY suggestions. I want this to be a happy home for all tactical players!!!

Re: What server does BF2 need?

If I'm honest i don't think i would play in any of them 2 , but that's just beacuse am a infantry only kind of man , i don't really like vehicles that's all , but am sure that others would love to play in one of them.

I think its good that you have droped rules you can't enforce.:thumbsup:

Comment

So if it's not I/O Karkand the BF2 community doesn't care? Thats the way it looks from the forums and server lists at least.

Comment

Im going to try our number 2 with no vehicles for a bit.

Comment

I would love 24/7 IO jalalabad, but that was not in your list.

PS. I HATE karkand, infantry only or not !!!

Comment

Arent there already popular 24/7 I/O Jalalabad and maybe one for Mashtuur and Sharqi also?

Comment

Ive been getting some requests for chinease maps, what if i add Dalian and Daqing and call it TacticalGS.com I/O Small Maps?

Comment

There are 24/7 jalalabad servers already, but none are close to me so i always have a ping of 135, and that's just too high for my liking plus jalalabad is my best map ever.

At the end of the day, its your server put what maps you like the best instead of asking others, some people are just not happy unless the server runs karkand 24/7, not me though, stupid nade lobbing noobs. LOL

Comment

I assume you mean ranked servers? My favorite servers have been City map servers that rotate Karkand, Mashtuur and Sharqi 64-player servers with maybe Jalalabad thrown in, but I could live without it. I could do without Oman or Dalian.

Or, maybe all 16-player maps with 16-32 people. There are plenty of air map and I/O servers though, so a focus on city maps should be best. I/O pretty much ruined BF2, especially in regards to city maps. Which reminds me... 1.5 should have a filter to filter out I/O servers if they haven't added it already.

Comment

Yes we are talking a Ranked server im working on here.

Comment

Not a 24/7 server, we have plenty of those.

Originally posted by MR DICE
                      There are 24/7 jalalabad servers already, but none are close to me so i always have a ping of 135, and that's just too high for my liking plus jalalabad is my best map ever.
                      Yeah, but it's always nice when the community gets a say in things.

Comment

Working...
                      X