Champions Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions Online

Play Champions Online: Free for All, a high-action, totally customizable, free-to-play superhero MMORPG.

I'm following this one closely....MMORPG Superhero game! :awes

But if it's subscription gaming then i'm out. Expecting to be released June 09.

he game will feature a robust character creation like City of Heroes, including the ability to edit a hero's movement; for instance, a wolf-like hero may opt to leap on all fours rather than on two, a robot may select robotic, jerky movement rather than humanoid, and a mentalist may opt to float inches above the ground rather than walk. The player may also edit the manifestation of their powers, including color and form; for instance, a heat ray may resemble flames or a force field may have a color specified in the editor.

Heroes will also have the option to have unique weaknesses and disadvantages, such as being extra-vulnerable to cold, in exchange for obtaining stronger powers. In addition, players will custom design their own arch-nemesis in the same fashion as their own hero (selecting a costume, their powers, their name and history), who will appear throughout their careers. If a player defeats his arch-nemesis permanently, they have the option to create a new one or finish their careers without another arch-nemesis.
    This sounds blooody brilliant to me.

Re: Champions Online

Does look alright.

One of the podcast folks is in the closed beta, I think right at the beginning of episode 42 he talks a little bit about it.

Q: Will a monthly fee be required to play?
    A: We have not yet announced the pricing structure for the game.
    That's a yes but we don't have a price yet.

Sauce

Comment

Yea, i heard about it bout a year ago, sounded decent. I'm still waiting for GW 2 though =\

Comment

Cryptic needs to focus ONLY ON STAR TREK ONLINE. No one cares about some superhero game. STO first!!

Comment

Atari sir.

Comment

I'm hoping to find a way to talk about it more without violating the NDA... I can tell you that if you are a City of Heroes/Villians fan, you'll like this a lot. Very similar concept and details.

Comment

I would have gotten CoH/V if only it didn't have monthly subscriptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers
                I would have gotten CoH/V if only it didn't have monthly subscriptions!
                So if I paid for your subscription you would play?

Comment

Yes. :awes

I'm poor.

Comment

I'm cheap.
                    Fixed.

I figured the Podcast Crew would find their way into this thread sooner or later. Good to see.

Comment

woot - something i am trying to do, selectively at first tho.

Comment

I'm poor.
                        Ok my financially challenged friend.

If you buy this:

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

I will buy you this:

If you cannot afford the game I will get you the game via Steam which comes with 30 days of game play. However, to get this gift you must listen to the podcast. When I say the word Paragon write down the time stamp and PM me with the results. If you are correct the Game or 60 day card is yours.

The ball is in your court. :thumbsup:

Comment

hahaha, are you serious?!

Comment

hahaha, are you serious?!
                            Yes, the ball is in your court. What you going to do?

Comment

Working...
                            X