Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinging Servers

Hello everyone,

I might set up my computer to play some rounds of 2142 again.
    However I'd need to buy a screen and before I do that, I'd like to know if the game is even playable.
    So, since I am in Hong Kong now, I pinged a couple of servers with the command ping IP.
    Surely, the HK servers give me pings of around 10 to 15.
    Australian servers give me pings of around 160 and European servers ping back 200-250ms.
    So, my question is: Are the ping-results I get with the ping command a realistic value? Or are the actual pings X% higher/lower?

Thanks for any help!~

Re: Pinging Servers

well it also depends on your connection mate, as that usually European Servers for me stay under 70, yet some times during the day (before 14:00 GMT/BST) my ping on locals are 500-800 and yank servers are impossible to touch, as are some Eastern European servers

so I would say check it a few times a day over a few days and average it out

Comment

I suspect pings in game are likely to be a few milliseconds higher as it has to actually request and send data as opposed to a ping which is merely an echo.

Comment

Hm, great! Thanks for your responses.
        That probably leaves me with HK, Taiwan and Japanese servers.
        All of which are not overtly populated at the moment (8:45PM HK Time).
        Even Aussi servers give me 160~ pings - which sucks.

Comment

im in Oz ull find the HK, japan korean servers are nearly always full 64 players

Comment

Working...
          X