I've never played this game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never played this game

But I've logged many weeks in 2142, have most of the awards, unlocks, etc. Is it worth going BACK to this game in people's opinion here? I installed the demo last night and kind of liked it.

Drodgeman

Re: I've never played this game

its the best game in its category and yes its wortch every penny. You can buy it for like 10 $ now. the game is like 5 years old but still has 17000 ppl playing it everyday. And now that ther is a new patch comming the numbers will grow even more.

Comment

Yes i believe there are more people on BF2 today than BF2142. The way i see it is BF2142 to BF2 is like CoD5 to CoD4, the technology behind the games are the same, its just preference on what theme/weapons/maps you like better.

BF2 comes with all expansion as a download for less than $20, that is the best $20 you can spend!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I will download it tonight. I love 2142, but looking for something new and different.

Comment

In my opinion Battlefield 2 has more replay value then 2142.

Comment

I could never get into 2142. BF 2 was always the most fun for battlefield games, lookin forward to 1943. I just put it back on my machine recently, loving every minute. So the hit detection is better now?

Comment

Originally posted by Drodgeman
              But I've logged many weeks in 2142, have most of the awards, unlocks, etc. Is it worth going BACK to this game in people's opinion here? I installed the demo last night and kind of liked it.

Drodgeman
              I doubt you will like it in the long run unless you're one of those players who play gibraltar/berlin 24/7 servers.

Comment

www.gogamer.com has it for $5 right now

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies
                  I doubt you will like it in the long run unless you're one of those players who play gibraltar/berlin 24/7 servers.
                  That would be me.

And I both loved and hated those 24/7 servers.

I'll see to picking up BF2 for cheap once 1.50 has officially been released then.

Comment

Your making a wise choice. BF2 is the only game that has held my interest for so long. Ive been playing since the demo which came out before the actual release and I have no plans of leaving the game.

Comment

the game has defective aa missiles and therefore as long as jets are in play, the game is not worth playing. no airsupport or way to combat jets ruins gameplay.

Comment

I've found that unless you played BF2 prior to playing BF2142, you won't like BF2 very much (unless you hated 2142, in which case the jury's still out). People who played BF2 from the start and have played it for a long time have grown to overlook many of the imbalances in the game that aren't present in BF2142, and if you come from the more balanced BF2142 and go to BF2 you'll be scratching your head wondering why artillery instantly vapourises any infantry in range but almost never even scratches the paint on a vehicle; why helicopters can kill you in one shot from 300m away without any reliable means of defending yourself in a ground vehicle; why jets can almost never be taken down with anything other than other jets; why claymores can't be bypassed even if you know they're there; why people can instantly heal themselves to 100% by touching a medic bag; etc. Stuff that BF2 players have grown accustomed to (and likely the absence of such in BF2142 is the reason many hardcore BF2 players don't like 2142), and stuff that people who started playing at BF2142 can't get past.

Myself, I much prefer the atmosphere and feel of BF2 over 2142, but the gameplay just puts me off. So, since I can't have my cake and eat it too, I usually play 2142 and only go to BF2 if none of my 2142 servers are populated.

But like anything YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                          I've found that unless you played BF2 prior to playing BF2142, you won't like BF2 very much (unless you hated 2142, in which case the jury's still out). People who played BF2 from the start and have played it for a long time have grown to overlook many of the imbalances in the game that aren't present in BF2142, and if you come from the more balanced BF2142 and go to BF2 you'll be scratching your head wondering why artillery instantly vapourises any infantry in range but almost never even scratches the paint on a vehicle; why helicopters can kill you in one shot from 300m away without any reliable means of defending yourself in a ground vehicle; why jets can almost never be taken down with anything other than other jets; why claymores can't be bypassed even if you know they're there; why people can instantly heal themselves to 100% by touching a medic bag; etc. Stuff that BF2 players have grown accustomed to (and likely the absence of such in BF2142 is the reason many hardcore BF2 players don't like 2142), and stuff that people who started playing at BF2142 can't get past.
                          lol...well said. Though with BF2 at least I don't get hung up trying to walk over a railroad track like in 2142. Plus, commander screen sticks a bit, ask anyone whose accidentally dropped orbital during league play. :P BF2 is just more fluid gameplay imo.

Comment

Working...
                          X