Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant Of Death - RELEASED

Merchant of Death - RELEASED !

Exactly one year after the release of "The FEARless Movie", we are pleased to announce the release of another big production.

With "Merchant of Death" we left the comedy genre and created a darker war/action movie.

A few weeks after we had finished "The FEARless Movie", we already started with the very early concepts of a new project. At this time it had the codename "Bob".
    During the following months, we created characters, the storyline and began to set us some goals we wanted to accomplish.

At some point we realized that this project evolved to something quite "insane". Because there was (and still is) no Battlefield 2 modification which would have allowed us to shoot the scenes the way we wanted to.
    This meant that we literally had to learn how to modify Battlefield 2. We want to thank everyone from bfeditor.org for their help, especially mschoeldgen.

So for the following 3 months, I have then been working on our own modification which contained everything we required to shoot the scenes on our gameserver.
    This was definitly the biggest challange we faced during the production of this movie.

Even though we always had too less actors, those we had were just awesome. And we managed to finish the shootings in just 2 months.
    Right after each shootingday/evening, I have always been working on the scenes we finished. This allowed us to re-shoot scenes when required and so, the movie progressed nicely.

About 2 weeks after the last shooting, we already posessed a rough cut of the entire movie.
    The next 4 months we were working on the music, editing, special effects (CGI) and the voice recordings.

The "voices" are essential for a movie like "Merchant of Death". And we want to thank Martin Staufenberg (aka. psychomyst) for his help.
    He managed to get many very, very talanted women and men to bring our characters, and our movie, to life with their voices.

This was the most frustrating part of the production. Because it was nearly impossible to find voice actors for some of the characters.
    But finally, we did it.

Our ToDo list is empty, the movie compressed and uploaded to our hosters.

And now we wish you much fun with Merchant of Death, and we are looking forward to your feedback.
    Merchant of Death:

Behind the Scenes:

Re: Merchant Of Death - RELEASED

I think you guys got irak and iran confused on the map at 7:00

otherwise very enjoyable, great work!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad
      I think you guys got irak and iran confused on the map at 7:00
      Not really.
      But for some reason i have forgotten to add "N/S" indicators to the map. Because i "inverted" it to fit the mapdesign of Gazala.

Now i think that i might should have better rotated the map/image and not "N/S".

Comment

Great watch Skipped parts 29 - 35 xD because I wanted to see the end but really nice done!

But may I ask how you did that typing thing where you see that text rectangle appearing/disappearing...(xD).

=D

Comment

Originally posted by secondVISION
          may I ask how you did that typing thing where you see that text rectangle appearing/disappearing
          This was done in After Effects.

Comment

Working...
          X