Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New update

Valve needs to start explaining what the hell they are up to

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Game Changes

• Reworked the character loadout screens to support future features
    • Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned
    • Added the ability for players to reset their player stats using the Reset Stats button on the Stats menu. This does not reset achievements
    • Added a "player_teleported" game event that is sent when a player is teleported
    • Updated cp_junction_final to score per-capture instead of per-round. This fixes the map not working correctly with Tournament mode and the stopwatch
    • Scouts now drop the flag if they're carrying it when they start phasing

Fixes
    • Fixed instances where Steam connection problems would cause some unlocked items to be unusable
    • Fixed the custom crosshair menu not clearing itself when "None" is selected for non-English clients
    • Fixed warning about not being able to execute skill1.cfg when starting the dedicated server
    Not to mention the new lines in the game files... demomen is getting a fro?

"TF_Wearable_Headgear" "Headgear"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Scout" "Batter's Helmet"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Sniper" "Tooth Belt"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Soldier" "Soldier's Helmet"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Demoman" "Fro"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Medic" "Medic's Helmet"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Pyro" "Pyro's Helmet"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Heavy" "Football Helmet"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Engineer" "Mining Helmet"
    "TF_Unique_Headgear_Spy" "Spy's Helmet"

Re: New update

Added the ability for players to permanently delete items from their inventory using the new Backpack menu. This does not reset achievements. Once an item has been deleted it can never be re-earned.
    And what would the benefit/point in this be :hmm:

Comment

Yeah I know! They added all this crap without explaining what it is and everyone is just freaked out that TF2 is turning into some wierd FPSMMORPG hybrid :awes

I really hope they make a blog post soon

Comment

I don't really see the RPG elements that are implemented or coming up in the future update.

Ok, you can put on some sort of hat, so what? Battlefield Heroes isn't really a RPG either. ( Except for those idiotic powers ) Giving you the option to put on a head doesn't make a game a RPG.

Comment

FFUUUUUUUU-

i wont be touching that until they enable you to get weapons back

Comment

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=845583

Explanations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo0by
              Explanations.
              Cool, adapting to play styles I see.

Comment

I'm a little uneasy about the ideas, but the hat idea is amusing. No baseball can get past the awesome demofro!

Comment

Interesting, I haven'e played the game long enough to know some of the stuff, but I'll learn. I got my scout unlock yesterday so I'm happy.

Comment

Shacknews Interview. Apparently the hats are only cosmetic (for now). Also, the randomized weapons will not be picked up in-game (at first anyway) so no weapon drops par se.

The big news is that achievements will no longer be linked to unlocks. And that 270 people were dumb enough to delete unlocks (though you'll be able to find them again after the update).

Comment

Yeah I've heard about that, I can't believe they actually went and deleted them.

Hey wait a sec, wasn't this already posted as news? :rawr

Comment

Working...
                      X