Commander a mis-understanding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander a mis-understanding?

Well my point is, You always see rulles that just almost doesnt allow the commander to move around. But my point is: why do many servers dont allow an fighting commander, or one that doesnt spam the 'énemy infantry' all the time. I mean with a fighting commander he knows the situation better from up in the air. And i also think that commander shouldnt launch an orbital strike or an EMP by itselve, only if a squad leader requests one. Because a commander must make his team win, not get a high ratio..

Or am i misunderstanding, retarded, and just shouldnt play commander?

Re: Commander a mis-understanding?

A fighting commander does not know the situation better, because your concentrating on getting points and killing things, and this is not your job.

Your job is to have your head buried in the commander screen, assesing the battlefield and making smart tactical choices about where to send your squads and how to give them support.

Comment

Sorry whats the point of this thread? Does it achieve anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas
        retarded
        you said it...

only joinking :laugh:

i dont get no fighting commander either

Comment

The way I do commander on maps of 15+ per side is sit at the uncap (I prefer an uncap) and be a static commander, whenever I see someone heading to the uncap, I get ready to defend, and then I also repair assests that get blown up, otherwise I just go and kill things, drop crates where needed, UAV's and such

Comment

Originally posted by BF.pAc*Alt+F4=HaxxxoR
            Sorry whats the point of this thread? Does it achieve anything?
            I ask you guys if you agree that servers have the most strangest rulles for commanders making it boring to be one

Comment

A dead commander can't control his assets and he loose his helivieuw of the battlefield, many times as commander I spoted infantry who broke trough the frontline to cap a flag to the nearest squadleader to finish him off. Your respawn time is sometimes enough for the opposinng team to get you ofguard and by that time it's to late to do something about the situation.

You just don't get the respect from the squadleaders if you fight (and fall) allongside your teammembers.

Be static and pay attantion.

I respect the rule of "no fighting commander" exept when I have to defend myself.

Comment

"No fighting commander" is an absolute must on servers. Otherwise you get idiots who decide to pick up the CO position just to get easy points because they are too n00bish to get them for themselves.

Comment

on titan be a gunner commander, big scores and big commander awards, and I guess thats why i got 15 clear skies awards, but seeing that map and spotting on scans and uavs is VITAL for ur troops.....ppl hate spoting but ur giving eyes to ur troops

and ur commander emp on ttank or apc at a silo / flag can win the squad that flag/silo

Comment

Yeah, static commander is the way to go. You can defend assets or the titan in the process, but looking at the overhead map tells you more than what you are doing on the field.

Most people jsut cant command and fight at the same time. A lot of squad leaders do not even bother with trying to get the commander to help. I have found though that if you see a squad moving a certain direction and that you anticipate what they need, they start to take orders from you.

Its a pain when you have a commander and no assets are being dropped.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

there is no better view than the commander screen. You can see anything and everything on the map.

A good commander anticipates his squads needs and drops supplies and uavs without waiting for them to ask. The rest of the time the commander should be scanning and spotting. I usually hang back and defend assets. The scan will let you see who is coming to your base and allow you to rack up easy kills on unsuspecting players.

Comment

there are some bonehead clans that don't even allow the commander to leave the titan. i signed up and was commanding but i realized everyone was getting slaughtered assaulting the enemy titan and all the silos were taken. when i tried to leave the titan to cap some silos, the idiot clan admin gave me 10 seconds to go back to my titan or get banned. talk about not being flexible with the rules. they want to imprision the commander on the titan.

Comment

Imo the most a commander should fight is to defend the uncap or titan.

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          there are some bonehead clans that don't even allow the commander to leave the titan. i signed up and was commanding but i realized everyone was getting slaughtered assaulting the enemy titan and all the silos were taken. when i tried to leave the titan to cap some silos, the idiot clan admin gave me 10 seconds to go back to my titan or get banned. talk about not being flexible with the rules. they want to imprision the commander on the titan.
                          Find another server? There's nothing wrong with a server not wanting fighting commanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                            Imo the most a commander should fight is to defend the uncap or titan.

Find another server? There's nothing wrong with a server not wanting fighting commanders.
                            nothing wrong, but they have to be flexible for certain situations. with nobody getting silos and nobody defending the silos, a commander can serve his team well by capping a few silos while nothing is happening on his titan.

Comment

Yeah, I'd love it if server rules could be more flexible, but it'd be pretty hard for the admins to enforce it fairly.

Comment

Working...
                              X