Ganz-what am I missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganz-what am I missing?

So I finally unlocked the Ganz last night and I'm just not getting why it's so popular.

I'm pretty good when it comes to distance shooting, short burst, etc. and was pretty deadly with the light machine guns when I first started playing, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with the Ganz apparently.

I'm set up in a nice prone position, there's plenty of bad guys down range bouncing around a spawn point, I'm aiming center mass and short bursting - nothing. I think I used a whole magazine and killed two guys.

Meanwhile I see guys using the Ganz and it's like the reaper of death.

What am I missing?

Re: Ganz-what am I missing?

The longer the burst, the more accurate the Ganz gets. Ganz is not a short burst weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by l33tfodder
      The longer the burst, the more accurate the Ganz gets. Ganz is not a short burst weapon.
      Interesting. Will have to try that - somewhat counterintuitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
        Interesting. Will have to try that - somewhat counterintuitive.
        Ask o_HOTHEAD_o or UN[)ERSCORE they're both pretty good with the Ganz. I can just use it, dunno what I do lol.

Comment

The LMG's and HMG's accuracy just comes down to practice, and one or two key points.

E.g, if you see someone to shoot whilst you're standing, crouch first (to tighten the reticule), start shooting and THEN stand up. You need to warm up the weapon first really to get the best accuracy out of it. You can save 1 or 2 seconds worth of wasted "warm-up-the-ganz" bullets by doing this first.

Comment

The ganz fires slower, has a lower starting accuracy, but has better end accuracy after some firing along with more predictable recoil.

The Ganz favors headshots. You'll be shooting high-caliber bullets and with the gun's slightly quicker overheating, you want to make those shots count, so go straight for the skull. You've got a lot of ammo to throw out there, so you can afford to seek a smaller but more damaging target. You don't necessarily want to aim for suppression but you want to instead punish whoever pops out of cover right away.

Kind of like a slow sniper rifle.

Comment

Double crouch
              Warming up is something I did all the time
              Works best when your behind an object
              1.go crouch
              2.fire at the box
              3.stand up (but keep firing)
              4.and finish those noobs off

Probably the noobiest gun in 2142 IDK your even asking for help lol
              Thats why I stopped using it

Comment

Ask o_HOTHEAD_o or UN[)ERSCORE they're both pretty good with the Ganz. I can just use it, dunno what I do lol.
                You can ask r0cc01 also (not sure he/she's here). He use to headshot me all the way down on PAC beach out of the mist with his Ganz... hmmm

I start firing in general direction of the enemy at the beginning to warm up and aim for the head soon after, giving me a 20% accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by l33tfodder
                  You can ask r0cc01 also (not sure he/she's here). He use to headshot me all the way down on PAC beach out of the mist with his Ganz... hmmm

I start firing in general direction of the enemy at the beginning to warm up and aim for the head soon after, giving me a 20% accuracy.
                  r0co01 rarely plays nowa days, he's busy at work... Anyways he uses the Bianchi like a mad man.

Comment

not much, but i'm not a fan of support's guns.

keep in mind as with these that the more you shoot, the more accurate it gets, and more so in the case of the ganz.

Comment

I would say, just use the shuko LMG and all of your support probs will be solved ( fast rapid fire, 200 bullets and it looks better ) but thats just me.

use LMG for assault
                      use HMG for defending strategic position.

Always crouch, phrone when you got time.

Comment

I usually use the HMG to assault everybody, or just camp. It's just a little hard to get used to. But using it really makes it hard to fight a knifer or some guy up close whos dancing around.

LMG's are more useful though for every situation (Including the above problem...the HMG just takes too long to warm up in comparison)

Comment

I agree. I've been using it more and more and incorporating some of these tips, but it just seems more trouble than it's worth. If anyone surprises you, you're dead.

The LMGs seem much more functional.

Comment

Working...
                          X