Online low FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online low FPS

I'v recently reinstalled 2142 and in multiplayer games I get really poor fps but when I host a local game or play single player I get good playable fps. I'm talking about a huge 40-50fps loss, unplayable choppiness.

I've googled my problem and someone had the same thing and he/she updated punkbuster to fix it but that didn't work for me. I'v tried reinstall, lowering gfx and audio settings but it makes no difference. What is causing this?

Also EA support blames my ISP but my ping is fine.

Re: Online low FPS

what are your computer spec please.

Comment

64players? it will slow it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil.
        what are your computer spec please.
        Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
        RAM: 2048MB
        NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
        SB X-Fi Audio

Like i said the FPS is 70+ in SP or lan.

Originally posted by Minmaster
        64players? it will slow it down.
        That's not the case with bf2 and I think the game would be dead if everyone had my problem. I have also tested in an empty server.

Comment

Well I tested a non PB server and i'm very suspicious, fps was smooth and inside the titan where I useually had like 20ish fps I now have 70+.

Comment

looks like your processor is bottlenecking your fps as it can't handle all them dudes running arround inside the titan, i have a 5200+ x2 and i have similar issues where i get about 30 fps inside the titan, most annoying i reccomend sticking to 32 player, static titan servers that oughta ease it up

Comment

Titan is known for generally being a bit of a FPS killer, turn down your ingame settings a little should help to.

Comment

Ye lower your settings, its also better if you ask me, Like mister afex christopher ever said : Lowering your settings is better, you will get ''visual glitches''

Spotting the enemy was never so easy and all credits goes to ea and dice.

Comment

Working...
                X