TF2 beginner's tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF2 beginner's tips?

Never played before, LAN coming up on Friday and TF2 will be one of the games loaded on the computers there. (too lazy too bring all my stuff, mouse+keyboard, monitor, etc.) IT's really the only game that I want to play but never tried.

Re: TF2 beginner's tips?

Its very fun, you should buy it. Mess around with the classes til you find one you really like.

Comment

You can start off by making a local server and just try and run around as the different classes, get a feel for their health and speed etc. All the weapons are pretty straight forward and easy to understand (expect for the medigun maybe). If it looks like a sniper rifle, it is.

Movement is simple, there is no strafe jumping or any real advanced techniques other than crouch + jump, that can get you over some slightly higher obstacles.

Comment

I had a guest pass that I let expire a week or so ago. You should have made a topic asking for one and I could have given mine to you

Comment

Protip: Being anything other than pyro is a waste of time :awes2

Comment

when playing heavy, be sure to press C + 3, and C + 5 often.

Use right-click to rotate your buildings when preparing to build as engineer

if you're a beginner and you're playing a tournament/competitive in this LAN, just leave the spy class alone.

medic shoots health beams :awes2 an ubercharge accumulates whilst firing your medigun. when it gets to 100%, pressing right mouse makes the target of your healing beam invincible for a few seconds.

Comment

Be scout. Bunnyhop!

Comment

I have gotten this game a month or two ago, and havent played it much, but the time i did spend on it has been very nice.

And i would agree for Pyro. It simply rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_HR
                  I have gotten this game a month or two ago, and havent played it much, but the time i did spend on it has been very nice.

And i would agree for Pyro. It simply rocks.
                  Mouse button 1 + W

Comment

Originally posted by Oli
                    Mouse button 1 + W
                    This. Pyro is painfully easy.

Comment

1. Go soldier.
                      2. Stick near a medic.
                      3. Spam rockets at peoples feet.
                      4. ????
                      5. Profit!

Comment

Scout is OP because he jumps around like crazy and you can't hit him

Soldier is OP, because seriously he shoots people in to the air where they can't fight back

Pyro is OP because... W + M1

Demo is OP, please, 8 stickies and 4 nades well duh

Heavy has 300 frickin health you can't kill him

Engi has an aimbotting sentry that you need 3 ubers to kill

Medic heals people. Seriously.

Sniper is OP because he can just sit at the other side of the map and kill everyone that walks into his crosshair

Spy is OP because he's invisible 90% of the time and he kills all my teams teleporters

Pick your overpowered class :awes

Comment

Any half decent player can kill a m1+w pyro before he knows whats hit him (contrary to everyones belief), so I would start out as heavy/soldier/demo. If you want to survive, stick with at least a couple of other players at all times.

Comment

I wrote a new player guide recently out of boredom, with an overview on the game modes and classes.

Here: http://warriorforums.net/westy/Files/tf2starter.doc
                            I used the TF2 font but it should default to Arial (you can get it by copying the .ttf files out of C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\yoursteamname\team fortress 2\tf\resource to C:\Windows\Fonts - I hope these are right because I typed them out of memory). You'll notice large spacings because I intended for it to be printed and not run over from one page to the next, if you use like Arial or Times New Roman it might look awkward.

As for my recommendations: Stay away from Engineer as your first class, try Scout, Soldier, or Demo.

Comment

Once you get the hang of playing demo, you can really take an entire team out and take the cp whilst they are dead. Sniping is similarly overpowered if you have a ping 80-140, a good mouse, and good reflexes (and you know how the antilag works haha).

I started out playing demo and engy, but now play sniper and spy mostly (and demo occasionally).

Also, protip: teams with multiple medics win rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X