Gamestop offering "Exclusive" In-game gun for BF:BC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamestop offering "Exclusive" In-game gun for BF:BC2

I just received this in my email. It looks like the pre-order wars are starting to heat up with Gamestop firing the first shot. I've attached a screenshot of the email. I wonder what the exact details of this promo will be, i.e. whether or not everyone will have access to the UMP eventually with the Gamestop pre-order bonus just giving instant access or if it will only be unlocked for those that pre-order through Gamestop.

My guess is that since it's the UMP and the gun was available in the first BC, then everyone will eventually get access. Or the Gamestop pre-order will just be a specific skin unavailable to others, but you can still use the UMP in some fashion. DICE did something similar to that for BF2142 with the Best Buy Bofors/Scar 11 unlock. What do you all think?

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that Gamestop, at this point, is only offering the unlock for the XBOX360 and PS3. There is no mention of the PC receiving the unlock promo. Also, when you click on the pre-order link through Gamestop, there is no listing for the PC version as well. This leads me to believe that the PC version may come out sometime after the X360 and PS3 versions. This would be in-line with the comments made by DICE that the PC version will not necessarily be a straight port.

Re: Gamestop offering "Exclusive" In-game gun for BF:BC2

So if we pre-order the game from Gamestop, we will be able to use this gun before anyone else?

Comment

*awaits Pirelli's input*

Comment

Originally posted by M0t0rBreath
        So if we pre-order the game from Gamestop, we will be able to use this gun before anyone else?
        That's what it sounds like to me, but the details are pretty vague from the email and the Gamestop listing for BF:BC2 on their website mentions nothing of this new promo.

Comment

And so it begins.

Comment

The Gamesp preorder gun for BC1 was a semi auto non surpressed 10 round sniper rifle

Its pretty darn good.. loud but it doesnt have much of a muzzle flash nor does it have bright tracers

They never gave away to codes to it.. They only unlocked all the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Simo Glock
              The Gamesp preorder gun for BC1 was a semi auto non surpressed 10 round sniper rifle

Its pretty darn good.. loud but it doesnt have much of a muzzle flash nor does it have bright tracers

They never gave away to codes to it.. They only unlocked all the others.
              That is true, I had forgotten that was the pre-order bonus. But that was the pre-order bonus that applied if you purchased from either Gamestop or Amazon.com. I guess Gamestop snagged the exclusive rights this time around. But does that mean that other websites or companies will offer other "exclusive" guns? I hope not because I really enjoy being able to have all unlocks and I don't want to have to put down money at more than one place to get them all.

Also, they did actually give away a code to unlock the pre-order bonus sniper rifle, per their own website:

Recon Kit - QBU88 - your3mynextt4rget

Special Ops Kit - UZI - cov3r1ngthecorn3r

Support Kit - M60 - try4ndrunf0rcov3r

The only gun that wasn't unlocked was the FN2000 for the veterans because they wanted to let the veterans keep something sacred. I guess if they follow suite, then eventually everyone will have access to the UMP in BF:BC2 though.

Comment

oh noez, i can already see 100x "OMG I SAW A HAX GUN" threads when the game comes out...

Comment

Hmm. I'm always leery of games that give in-game extras for pre-order or "Collector's Editions." Two come to mind: UT3 and COD:WaW. These are not good precedents for BC2 to follow.

Comment

Hmm no mention of the pc version, nice. " Releases this winter for Xbox and ps3"

Dice did this with bad company one and it blew up in their faces, they tried to make half the guns in the game premium DLC. There will also be a gold copy of this game that will come with more guns unlocked at the start and some trailers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by garandx
                      Hmm no mention of the pc version, nice. " Releases this winter for Xbox and ps3"

Dice did this with bad company one and it blew up in their faces, they tried to make half the guns in the game premium DLC. There will also be a gold copy of this game that will come with more guns unlocked at the start and some trailers and stuff.
                      Probably because they know PC gamers won't pay for silly "DLC".

Comment

Pre-Order weapons... The Scar 11 v2 in 2142 was a bust player ended up wishing they never had it.

Comment

Working...
                        X