Europeans...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europeans...?

For the first time in my life I wished I was an American last night. It would appear that all the decent servers with a variety of maps and a good flow of people are situated in the States. Every European server appears either to be hosting 24/7 Camp Gibraltar or 24/7 Suez Canal; the two most bland and boring maps in the entire game (in my opinion). I have also noticed that US servers have better balanced games; you don't consistently get these servers where one team is absolutely and totally dominating the other team - you know the ones I mean where a string of 10 players on one team is getting 5:1 K/D's and the other team is on 1:5 K/D's (Note: Being on the winning team in these circumstances is neither fun nor challenging so this isn't some rant about getting my arse kicked the whole time).

Either this is my imagination for want of a great map, balanced teams and something to blame on why I'm not getting said variables... or it is indeed true.

'Is the grass greener on the other or not?' is probably the best expression to use for this me thinks.

Re: Europeans...?

Depends what time of "night" you were online. Anything heading towards midnight always ends up that way in terms of server choice since those are the two most popular maps. If you look around earlier in the day you generally get a much better choice.

Oh, and I've played on American servers on the odd occasion, and the situation is generally the same. Good servers and bad servers. Just depends on what time of day you jump on.

Comment

Cross the pond and come over here! It's not as bad here as the world makes us out to be. We welcome you, my friend. (Don't deny it, you would totally relocate just to play a video game!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn
        Depends what time of "night" you were online. Anything heading towards midnight always ends up that way in terms of server choice since those are the two most popular maps. If you look around earlier in the day you generally get a much better choice.
        Unfortunately I had a bad experience on a Sunday afternoon, the day and time I would say is the busiest. Don't get me wrong, I still like playing, but finding a decent server is a painstaking process these days. It is a big let down when you see something like Liberation of Leipzig with 64 players only to find out that the ping is hideous.

Originally posted by messfeeder
        Cross the pond and come over here! It's not as bad here as the world makes us out to be. We welcome you, my friend. (Don't deny it, you would totally relocate just to play a video game!)
        Ha. As a patriot I must decline but if you get me a green card I might consider it

Comment

It's all Obama. US servers totally sucked when Bush was president.

Comment

Comment

idk even though i havent played on anything other than US servers i would assume that nothing is going to wildly different it doesnt really matter where you play its all going to be roughly the same thing with variations from server to server depending on who you see playing.

Comment

I have to agree that quite often I do find imbalanced servers. But when I do I am fast to switch to a more even server. I like Camp G alot but for those who don`t... well it is hard. But there is servers with Tunis and Cerbere in their map rotation altough that map rotation will most likely contain Camp G too.

Comment

I give it 2 months and every server is running Camp G... though im curious to see if the game picks up at all during the summer as it has done over the past few years

Comment

America and Europe really aren't really all that different.

Comment

American and European Servers are typically the same with all similar characteristics.

The Clan based server MUST have a map that will start the server and keep it running. Suez and Camp/Berlin is the best bet for that. Other maps players don't come in and play or leave after 2 rounds. So Suez and Camp is the best bet.

POPULAR servers such as in China where I often play the CCNC series do play conquest maps such as Tunis, Belgrade and Cerebre Landing because due to the huge population in China and rest of Asia; it's running 24/7!

IN US and Europe is different where the clan and general population lacks interest and manpower to start those rare map servers..

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheJob
                        America and Europe really aren't really all that different.
                        Yeah, basically.

One thing I have noticed though is that with geometry set to low, you seem to get different shading on American and European servers.

The jeeps, and the high ledge at Central Camp where you can take the flag overlooking Toll ...they both look lighter to me on American servers!

Comment

I am with a Euro, we host a 24/7 Port Bavaria Assault Lines server, but it does tend to die out at about midnight, and I do find it annoying that I tend to find most of the titan servers that are not 24/7 Suez are offline by that point, as that I prefer Port Bavaria titan, and do want to try Tampa titan, as it came out when I was not able to play the game and died a quiet death

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
                            Yeah, basically.

One thing I have noticed though is that with geometry set to low, you seem to get different shading on American and European servers.

The jeeps, and the high ledge at Central Camp where you can take the flag overlooking Toll ...they both look lighter to me on American servers!
                            I noticed that a while back so now I'm to take some SS and see if its true or its just the stuff I'm smoking...

Comment

Originally posted by Corkum
                              i can has cookie?

Comment

Working...
                              X