Battlefield 1942 and 1943 for vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1942 and 1943 for vista?

Well I am getting 1943 for my xbox 360. BUT tonight I got 1942 for my PC. I played the demo fine and I have vista. MY PC gamer friend told me I would need to update to the latest patch BUT punkbuster may give me trouble on vista for 1942. Im still in the process of installing the patch, if it gives me trouble what can I do to fix it? Also Im excited this is new to me and I enjoyed the 1942 wake island demo. I pray that 1943 will be good enough for my PC to run so I can check it out on my PC as well. 1943 should support vista too right?

Re: Battlefield 1942 and 1943 for vista?

Well I downloaded the patch and was having problems but I updated the punkbuster files and it runs smoothly with no problems

Comment

Glad to have helped

ps. 1943 will support vista

Comment

Vista 64 here, no problems with 1942. We still play DC every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
          Vista 64 here, no problems with 1942. We still play DC every now and again.
          I could never get DC working with vista. It crashes after the map loads. Got any tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil.
            I could never get DC working with vista. It crashes after the map loads. Got any tips.
            Run as admin? That was what fixed it for me when I had Vista

Comment

I got BF1942 and DC working just fine in Vista, with one small catch. On my laptop there are no crosshairs for weapons. Even zoomed in with a sniper rifle, there are no crosshairs. So I played a little bit and got pretty good at teh nopescopez. It's still a little odd, though.

Comment

SP1, UAC off, latest DOX modded NV drivers (old NV drivers, like 101.xx had serious issues with BF1942), latest version BF1942 patch, latest version of DC and DC Final and all works well. Also had some problems with another notebook of old Realtek drivers screwing up the audio, fixed with newer versions. Its easier to get BF1942 up and running in Vista 64 then BF2 since the install crashes during audio set up for BF2.

Comment

Working...
                X