Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: killdu custom map server

East or west coast?

(Before I go on a download spree only to realize my ping's too high. :P )

Comment

It is a west coast server. We all had some good rounds on it last night...

Comment

I love your regular titan server, I'll be giving this a try as soon as the maps are downloaded.

Any links to overviews of the map or the mapmaker's description before I start playing?

Comment

that was my first experience playing custom maps after playing 2142 for 2 years and it was amazing. it makes me sad that most people will miss out.

some of the maps (i don't remember the names)

a narrow map of a street from north to south filled with funky vehicles (a garbage truck, an old muscle car, a pickup with mounted machine gun) and tons of roof fighting

a giant map that takes place 500 feet underground in a missile silo

a REALLY giant map that is nothing but gunships. there were about 24 gunship spawn points, and very little sky haze, and the map was the size of 5 shuhia tibia's or whatever. really fun!

a battle of karkand map from bf2

a small titan map in the shape of a 5 pointed star. this was a decent map but not really different from default titan maps. this was ok but my least favorite of the night

a street fighting infantry map sort of like gibraltar but more buildings, that one was really fun too

i didn't get to try all the custom maps but the gunship one and the last one i mentioned were my favorites but all of them were very good

turdnugget's clan hosts it, maybe they can tell us if they are going to be playing there again soon

Comment

*n00b* where do I save these files lol...

Comment

unzip the folders into your BF 2142 levels directory. it's something like

C:\program files\BF2142\mods\bf2142\Levels

you should see folders for all the other maps there (Fall_of_Berlin, Camp_Gibraltar, etc.) just put the folder for the custom map in that folder like the other maps

Comment

*st1ll a n00b* Errr... Okay I made folders for eash of the customized maps in the Levels folder C/: Drive. However I still get this

Customized Map Warning before I join the server thus I can not join the server -_-

SO basically I'm saying it doesn't work and I need some help because I am a total n00b with these kinds of things all most always :shakehead:

Thanks

Comment

ok did you download a zip file from the first post?

when you open the zip file you should see a folder like 2142af_elimination

in explorer open D:\program files\BF2142\mods\bf2142\Levels (or wherever it is). do you see the default map folders there?

drag the 2142af_elimination folder from the zip file to the windows explorer window showing D:\program files\BF2142\mods\bf2142\Levels, it should add the new folder

you should be able to go into D:\program files\BF2142\mods\bf2142\Levels\2142af_elimination and see 3 things:
                  Info folder
                  client.zip
                  server.zip

if you have done all that, you should be able to join the custom maps server. the only problem would be if they add another map and the server is on that map when you try to join. in that case, you wouldn't have the map and you would get an error

Comment

W00t more problems on hand that I have no idea how to fix...

I can save it fine but these things happen if I save and open or if I open straight from TGN

Give-up Meter = |------75%---|

Comment

Do you have winrar?

Comment

*titters*

Comment

Im in Australia so my ping will be high, but I do get away with playing american servers.....installed the maps, all worked great, checked each one out, with a walk or fly around, they are just awesome......id like to play how do I get permission to use or see if TOG australia want to use them

Comment

Working...
                          X