Interface Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface Problems

Recently I updated a graphics driver for my laptop, since then many interface problems have arised. Below are a few of said problems.

1.Some classes disappeared after the update.
    [media]http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files/problem12815138.jpg[/media]

2.My health bar disappeared.
    [media]http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files/problem2515681.jpg[/media]

3.Some commands / requests disappeared.
    [media]http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files/problem33858944.jpg[/media]

Also, the "You killed (name)" text is very dark and barely readable.

This is affecting my ability to play so a quick fix would definantly be nice, thanks.

Re: Interface Problems

try rolling back your drivers or try another set of drivers. also try deleting the battlefield 2 folder in My Documents. if that doesn't work, try reinstalling the game.

Comment

I have seen this before. Repatching BF2 should fix it. If not, do a reinstall.

Comment

What a weird bug

Comment

Alright, I reinstalled the game and deleted the BF2 folder in my documents, neither worked. I think I'll try rolling back my drivers next, if that doesn't work does anyone else have any suggestions?

I've also re-patched and that didn't seem to work either.

EDIT: My machine isn't allowing me to rollback any of my drivers, yet it says all of them are updated to date. The option to rollback the driver is grayed out. :\
          My graphics card is a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, the version of the driver I have is 7.15.10.1666.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckedem14
            My graphics card is a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
            there's your problem! I'm surprised it even ran bf2 in the first place. Officially, integrated cards like yours aren't even supposed to work with bf2.

If you can't roll back drivers, try doing a system restore to before you updated your drivers and hope that works, but to be honest you're lucky you were able to ever play bf2 on that laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanDad
              there's your problem! I'm surprised it even ran bf2 in the first place. Officially, integrated cards like yours aren't even supposed to work with bf2.

If you can't roll back drivers, try doing a system restore to before you updated your drivers and hope that works, but to be honest you're lucky you were able to ever play bf2 on that laptop.
              It doesn't run bad on low settings at all to be honest, but thank you for your advice, ill try that.
              EDIT: Yeah that worked, thank you for your help guys.

Comment

Working...
              X