Speaking of Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Pods

For the life of me I can't figure out how to pod out of a titan and end up on its back deck.

The pod launch always seems to throw me too far away to be able to maneuver back to my titan.

Re: Speaking of Pods

I don't play titan that mutch but it comes down to practice and I think the shield must be gone but I'm not sure of that.

Comment

Before you pod out, turn your pod far right or left depending on what side you want to go. Then as soon as you pod out, turn and face the titan and steer your pod on top of an enemy attacker!!

Death by pod is always humiliating!! LOL!

It does take practice.

Comment

turning to the left or right is the trick when ejecting from the titan. Also use the movements keys while in the air to help you steer your pod. Move the mouse in the air to redirect your view. Mouse movement can also alter your flight path.

Once you get that mastered go for the glory and start podding on any transports or gunships hanging around the titan. Nothing better than podding onto a full transport trying to land on your titan

I think the last patch affected the titan pods movement. I remember them being a lot easier to move around.

Comment

if you press forward the pod will go forward

if you press back the pod goes backward ect.

you can get the most distance by travelling diagonally (forward+sideways)

i think that the pod launchers on the titan should shoot the pods a little farther at the expense of precise landings. i would like to be able to launch to more of the silos easier on a titan map.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I tried it last night and got where I wanted to go about 50% of the time.

Still working on killing someone with it - although I'm pretty sure I destroyed a Goliath with one the other day.

Comment

bets way to do it is to fire out (facing away from the titan) hold the backwards key until you stop moving forwards (usually the peak of the "jump") then spin arround 180 and aim for a target, however with countermeasures implemented to stop pod surfing *cry* the pod does now handly like a brick

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz
                bets way to do it is to fire out (facing away from the titan) hold the backwards key until you stop moving forwards (usually the peak of the "jump") then spin arround 180 and aim for a target, however with countermeasures implemented to stop pod surfing *cry* the pod does now handly like a brick
                got that right, the best and only way to properly pod on to your titan

Comment

Originally posted by Field
                  you can get the most distance by travelling diagonally (forward+sideways)
                  I've done that with the hovering tanks, but had not thought of doing it with pods. Thanks.

Hardly ever play on maps that have pod action going on, but still, handy to keep in mind on titans.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                    For the life of me I can't figure out how to pod out of a titan and end up on its back deck.
                    before you launch, turn the pod as closely to rear of the titan as possible from there, you just control the pod a bit & it will swing over. it's a good way to get behind squads that like to camp & attack from the vents.

Comment

Working...
                    X