What weapons would you like to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What weapons would you like to see?

Hey guys! I know there's a "What would you like to see" thread, but I'd like to be more specific.

So what weapons would you like to see? I'd like things like:

Pistols:

M1911 (para ordnance, sexy yay!)
    USP 40
    P99
    Mk. 23
    .44 magnum (gangsta FTW!)
    Glock 17
    M9 Berretta
    CZ75
    etc.. etc...

Assault rifles:

M8 Carbine
    M16A4
    M4A1
    AKM
    FNC
    AK74M
    Steyr AUG
    SA80
    M14 EBR
    G3
    G36 (any in the series)
    M1 Garand (becase I said so, no JK but MP44 was in and the M1 is an ICON!)
    TAR 21
    (HK416)
    M468
    etc.. etc..

Snipers:

M107 Barrett
    SVD
    M21
    M40
    M24 SWS
    M14 DMR ? (well M21 is the same but for CQB maybe...)
    Lee Enfield? For terrorists..
    PSG 1
    M4 SPR

Light Mahine Guns:

M249 SAW
    M240G
    PKM
    RPK
    HK21
    M60E4
    MINIGUN...oh wait this isn't Crysis 2..
    WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF BIPODS to replace the fixed weapons like that BS in Downpoor on COD4.

Sub Machine Guns:

MP5A4/A5
    P90 (ub3r nerfed)
    AK74U
    Uzi
    MP7 or MP9
    UMP?

Also I think the weapons should have more recoil then in COD4, but that's just me whining about realism again...

I didn't add a shotgun category so you can can post that if you want.

So tell us what you would like!

Re: What weapons would you like to see?

I'm not a gun guru, and I don't remember a lot of their names off the top of my head, so I'll just say this...

1) I'd like them to have researched and add in some lesser-known weapons, not just the "standard" ones we commonly see in movies. An example would be the game STALKER...set in Russia, it featured a lot of Eastern-Bloc weapons that the average person probably hadn't ever seen or heard of before (ie. Tunder). Personally, I thought it brought a really nice fresh perspective to collecting and upgrading weapons in that game. I think having a good mix of current (ie. ditch the Skorpion) weapons from both the West and East would be great.

(edit - quick Google search gives the list from that game, as an example:
    http://www.breueronline.de/klaus/sta...lkerlists.html )

2) I'd like to see them go back to the system where the "Allies" could only choose from certain NATO/Western weapons, and the "OpFor" could only choose from the Eastern-Bloc weapons. You could still pick up anything dropped/laying on the ground, however. I think this was an important aspect to a lot of previous shooters.

To do this, however, IW would have to make a choice:
    a) have accurate weapon stats, and try to match up the weapons on each side a best as possible, but be aware, and live with any imbalances that might exist.
    or
    b) tweak the stats so that they're not 100% authentic, but each side's weapons are exactly balanced and fair. Again, I'm not a gun guy, so I wouldn't care about this, but I know some people would not like anything that wasn't totally authentic.

I think that listening for specific sounds weapons made in older games was a key element in both knowing where your team mates were, and if an enemy was nearby. At the same time, it was often a tactic to steal an enemy weapon and fire it to "trick" players on the other team into thinking that was their own guy firing, then be able to get some sneaky kills with it. I miss that, and the better immersion factor when, for example, the "good guys" had M16's & MP5's, and the "bad guys" had AK47's & 74u's.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
      2) I'd like to see them go back to the system where the "Allies" could only choose from certain NATO/Western weapons, and the "OpFor" could only choose from the Eastern-Bloc weapons. You could still pick up anything dropped/laying on the ground, however. I think this was an important aspect to a lot of previous shooters.

To do this, however, IW would have to make a choice:
      a) have accurate weapon stats, and try to match up the weapons on each side a best as possible, but be aware, and live with any imbalances that might exist.
      or
      b) tweak the stats so that they're not 100% authentic, but each side's weapons are exactly balanced and fair. Again, I'm not a gun guy, so I wouldn't care about this, but I know some people would not like anything that wasn't totally authentic.

my thoughts exactly, id also like to have weapon customization where you can choose an optic, under-barrel attachment, barrel attachment, and Weapon Stock attachments. and remove perks entirely

Comment

You are the smartest man that ever did live!

I agree entirely. That's the only aspect of COD2 I really loved that wasn't in COD5. Also I think it would make it more decisive depending what side you were on. It's really just empty uniforms now with any weapon.

Comment

Yeah I like this idea, I think it would make it much more interesting.

ps. I want a FGM-148 Javelin, not an RPG. :awes

Comment

Mg42, i just happen to love the sound it makes. I know it will never make it into a modern warfare game, but I want it none the less.

Comment

AK-47:awes

new AKs (100, 101 etc), M4 Ecotechs. AK-47 PSO

Comment

XM8!!!!!! And AT4, SCAR-L, SCAR-H, F2000, FA-MAS, MP7, H&K 416, L96A1, FIM92- Stinger, and the 30 mm GAU-8/A Avenger Gatling gun. (The gun mounted under an A-10)

Comment

I dont have a clue, but I would want them to be different. Maybe some truly modern weapons that might be in "test" phase in real life? Maybe some of the weapons shown on Future Weapons.

I know AK-47s are everywhere, but like Pieman said, lets have some "newer" versions of them. MODERN versions. Put the 47 in SP but lets have something higher end in MP.

I know people like classics, but whats the point if you can get any game that has them?

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

aa-12 automatic shotty.......wanna see it and larger clip attachments with the last being the 50 round drum clip

Comment

Originally posted by [FM]JoeCool4433
                      aa-12 automatic shotty.......wanna see it and larger clip attachments with the last being the 50 round drum clip
                      Thats exactly the gun I was going to post before I opened this topic open.

Comment

I'd just like:

~ M21 (with suppressed version)
                        ~ Walther P99

Comment

I'm not a gun guru, and I don't remember a lot of their names off the top of my head, so I'll just say this...

An example would be the game STALKER...set in Russia, it featured a lot of Eastern-Bloc weapons that the average person probably hadn't ever seen or heard of before (ie. Tunder).
                          actually, chernobyl is in the ukraine and the "tunders" real name was the OC14 groza /end slight inacuracy rant

well I would like to see a quite a few guns off COD4 but i would also like to see the AK74m, The G36k, rather than the C, because ever since stalker i found the G36c to be boring and found a love for the Longer variant, i would like to see the spas12, another gun i found a love for from stalker, but lots of the weapons they have in cod4 are sufficient, but there should be more

Comment

All the guns from the Rainbow Six series.

Comment

Sa-80.

Comment

Working...
                              X