Spawn beacon problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn beacon problems

Can a mod please delete one of the 2 new thrreads i have just made please, some how 2 same threads were posted.

Am pretty new to 2142 and so i don't quite understand how everyting works and what everyting does yet, but what i have noticed is my spawn beacons are always getting blown up, and not by the enemy either, last night i was squad leader and had 2 people on my squad from the same clan as each other, lets call them =ABCDEF= clan, so anyway i spawned at my beacon and was killed straight away be the enemy, but my dead body was facing my beacon so i could see it, then straight after me one member from =ABCDEF= clan spawned, he then blew up me beacon and then when on to kill the guy that killed me.

So the next time i spawned i put another beacon in the same place as the last beacon, then i spawn on it, 3 secs later a different member of the =ABCDEF= clan spawned on the beacon and blew it up also, this i could not understand so i kicked them both from my squad, because at the end of the day i want to be able to spawn at my own beacon, but it was if clan =ABCDEF= did not want anybody to spawn when they were.

Both members were the rank of one silver stripe, about 10 - 15 ranks in to the game i think, so that's probable enough to know that it was my beacon they were blowing up, and if you spawn directly on to a squad leader you don't come flying down through the clouds, you spawn right on them, but they never, they came out of the clouds and the pod things smashed open.

Now did they blow up my beacons for a good reason or am i missing something. ??????? .

Re: Spawn beacon problems

Lots of people (especially the "upper echelon" as it were) - dislike beacons. In most situations they're impractical, and are prone to being spawn-rape-magnets. Spawning on a mobile squad leader who's good at keeping himself alive can potentially have far greater benefits in the long run. They may have been vocalising their dislike to your beacon usage by blowing them up.

There is of course the other solution... they were stupid, and didn't realise it was your beacon they were shooting. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened, and certainely won't be the last.

This said... no reason why they couldn't have buggered off and made their own squad managed in their own way rather than giving you a hard time about it.

Comment

Beacons have their purposes in some situations (titan for example), but more often than not I find that I've spawned on a beacon that's halfway across the map from where the action is simply because no one ever destroyed it when it ceased to be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn
        There is of course the other solution... they were stupid, and didn't realise it was your beacon they were shooting. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened, and certainely won't be the last.

This said... no reason why they couldn't have buggered off and made their own squad managed in their own way rather than giving you a hard time about it.

I though at first they were just stupid, and ....lets say......noobish, but they were higher rank then me, and by now i know if its a freindly beacon or not, plus they both used it to spawn on, then after they were on the groung went to blow it up, i think you might be right, that they did not like the use on my spawn beacons, so then why spawn at them in the first place ????

The beacons were not getting raped eirther, or i would have blown them up myself, to stop team mates getting '' owend '', i was killed at my beacon by a stray enemy.

Like you say, they could have gone onto make a squad of their own and then control it the way they wanted, am confused.

Originally posted by Rafterman
        Beacons have their purposes in some situations (titan for example), but more often than not I find that I've spawned on a beacon that's halfway across the map from where the action is simply because no one ever destroyed it when it ceased to be useful.
        This was not the case eirther, as the enemy had only one flag in the middle of the map, and my beacon was closer to the enemy flag than our flag was, but still not close enough to be seen spawning in.

Comment

Higher rank does not = better player. 'nuff said.

Comment

I tend to find that most players don't tend to really gain true "awareness" of the game until well into the final rank (judging from that I've seen some SERIOUSLY daft brigadier generals before). 10-15 ranks in may be a higher rank than yourself, but that's not that many hours game time to get that far to be honest, it's quite likely they were noobs :P

Comment

I am a three star general in BF2 with over 1500 hours, but its 2142 that's the problem as the game is pretty much the same but the weapons and equipment is so different and needs to be used in the proper way, so i think am aware of what's going on, on the battlefield to some degree, so i would have thought the 2 clan mates would have known what they were doing, but maybe am wrong.

Although it did look like they blew them up for a reason.

Comment

sometimes they can be useful on 64 player conquest maps where theres more stuff going on and people not paying attention but you still have to find a good spot for them so you have cover when you land.

Comment

i tend to beleave lower ranked players are mostly better players, as most good players started new accounts, and the bad players didnt. and there arent much people buying this game, they buy cod4 or 5 or console games..

Comment

Do you use a mic? Best way to find out what they are thinking is to ask them. The best squads use mics...and for more than just complaining every time you get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
                      Do you use a mic? Best way to find out what they are thinking is to ask them. The best squads use mics...and for more than just complaining every time you get killed.

I did have a mic but it died on me so last night i was not useing one, i did however ask why they blow both beacons up ( with team text chat ) but they did not reply, so i guess i will never know. but that's the thing, i would really like to know why.

Comment

There is no way to distinguish a friendly beacon from a hostile one. Most soldiers play it safe by blowing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane
                          There is no way to distinguish a friendly beacon from a hostile one. Most soldiers play it safe by blowing it up.

WRONG, put your crosshair on the beacon, and if a green icon comes up its a friendly, if nothing comes up its a enemy beacon.

BESIDES , the 2 clan mates both spawned on the beacon and blow it up less than a second later so nobody eles could spawn there !!! , they knew it was friendly IMO .

Comment

thats why imma brigader :awes

Comment

Higher rank only really means that they have been playing the game awhile, maybe longer than a lower rank player it does not mean the higher rank player has more skill than a lower rank player.

That been said, a high rank player should know enough about the game to get by without blowing up friendly equipment, unless they mean to blow up the equipment for some unknown reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X