I Want my Old Mario Party Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want my Old Mario Party Back!

So last night my friends and I played some Mario Party 8 on the Wii, and I have to say, I wish I was playing the older Mario Party's like on 64. This was only the second time I've played MP on the Wii, first time in a long time though, and I was playing on the Shy Guy map with the train. Anyway, overall the same game mechanics were there it just wasn't as fun to me as previous entries in the series. I may just be bitter though since I got 2 of my stars stolen from Bowser which was pretty lame...and the map had no Boo which also sucked since I had 200+ coins and could've been stealing other people's stars.

My biggest complaint really is the fact the use of the wiimote in lots of the mini games was just stupid. Many times I was playing the games and thinking to myself, wow this would be much much easier to use the D-pad to control my character, not twisting and turning the wiimote. Granted I know the whole point of the system/game is to use the motion technology, there are just some instances where it over complicates the games it seems. The point and click games were fine with it, I'm talking more things like driving. Maybe I'm just not used to the controls though.

Re: I Want my Old Mario Party Back!

That is why I hate the Wii more than the other consoles (Granted I hate all consoles and will always love my mouse and keyboard)...I hate the way using motion complicates things. The few times I've played a wii I was wishing I was using anything but the Wiimote to control it.

Comment

Mario Party has always been pretty crap anyway (dont ban me D: )

And yes, unfortunately most games for wii try to include a stupid gimmick for the wiimote in their games and it never works, the only game where he wiimote is actually fun is warioware. tbqh the wii is a failure for real gamers, and the only "hardcores" buying them are the old nintendo game fans.

Comment

The Wii has always overused the motion control, the overuse is just turning the whole thing into a huge gimmick, please leave the motion control to people who will implement it usefully into a game. Why the **** can I not navigate the main menu with the D-pad?

Comment

Who cares? It's mario party. Nothing good has ever or will ever come from a series that combines random luck, shoddy minigames, and exceedingly long and boring gameplay. The one person I know that kinda likes this series is only willing to play every couple of months.

@Wizrdwarts & Namakan The wii is a gimmick, but that's what the casual market wants/expects. They want something that they can claim will help them lose weight or become healthier rather than have fun actually gaming just to relax and enjoy yourself. My neighbor has one, but when I asked her about it, she said she rarely used it after she initially tried it out.

What's makes me sad: people buy into gimmicks. The wii's the fastest selling console ever, but the only people I see actually staying with Nintendo are kids, steadfast believers (fanboys), or relatively dedicated adults actually willing to start an exercise regimen. Don't get me wrong, I still play some of Nintendo's better works; I'm just not willing to lower my standards for shovelware, which constitutes 50-75 % of all wii games. Nintendo needs to get some real support from third-parties and create new IPs or else their older fans won't stick around for much longer.

I just want something completely earth-shattering that realizes everything the wii was supposed to be: a revolution in gaming, not what it is: rehash after rehash, poorly managed controls, simplistic design, and just plain s**t. Nintendo has lost its spoon, yet it tries to eat soup with a fork it scrounged off the grimy floor. Maybe one day they will realize the problem, but doubt is my strongest attribute....

Goddammit now I'm editorializing. D:

I am sorry if you actually read all that. Yes, wall of text fail. If I went too off-topic, you can delete this post.

Comment

My N64 > All :awes
            Much better than Wii for Mario etc..

Comment

Originally posted by [USAC]N|Pvt.Recon
              My N64 > All :awes
              Much better than Wii for Mario etc..
              I tend to agree. It's hard to beat the original Mario Party's, Mario 64, and Mario Kart for N64. I know there have been some good rated Mario's on Wii like Galaxy (though I haven't tried it), but it'd be hard to beat a classic like Mario 64.

Comment

Yeah, Mario 64 was a masterpiece of gaming!

Comment

It was pretty fun, brings back a lot of memories.

Comment

Working...
                  X