disable unlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disable unlocks

Simple question, can I disable my unlocks? Or is it server side only?

Need to test something

Re: disable unlocks

You could always try SP maps.

Or if you need to test something online you could just create a new account and be up and running in 5 mins.

Am not sure if you can get rid of your unlocks in online mode.

Comment

Yea, I need online

Another account might work initially but unlocks will be there quite soon and next time I login with unlocks enabled

Comment

PB teands to kick you for the least bit thing lately, any mucking about with files normally ends it a kick in my case.

Just not worth mucking about with it IMO.

What's it you want to try ???????

Comment

If you don't want to use unlocks then don't select them...

Comment

PB related test. Don't wanna go into details now but you are right, PB is not so good even to clean players :shakehead:

Comment

Is it to see if all the CTD have something to do with unlocks ???

Because people think that has something to do with PB

Comment

That too. I don't know if it is coincidence or not but I have managed to stay CDT and "PB client authentication error" free for 3 days when stopping PB service before starting the game and NOT using any unlocks in game.

I am still investigating though (I have done almost any other possible combination of OS, software and even hardware changes). I can tell you that I've been having problems on certain servers for ages (I think since the last pbsetup update last year). However, no problems on other servers.

I also know for sure that it is a particular group of players who have this problem, not all players but usually server kicks some 5-10 players from 64 (either client authentication error or CDT). So maybe only those who are using SF unlocks. Now I am just making guesses here but anything can be the cause.

PB support and admins are clueless so far. I suggested admins install auto MBL and update MD5 (that is something I found on forums).

Damn, I did go into some details I will let you know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi
                  Damn, I did go into some details I will let you know how it goes
                  Good work, sounds intresting, i though that's what you were up to, lets us know how it goes:salute:.

Comment

I never use my unlocks, and I only CTD when someone is hacking on the server I play on.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                      I never use my unlocks, and I only CTD when someone is hacking on the server I play on.
                      I don't think he means '' not useing his unlocks '' i think he hi not selecting them at all when you unlocks them.

Comment

I’m not sure if disabling the un-locks is a server side option, but on a few occasions I couldn’t pick any of them just the standard ones.

Could have been a bug or something.

Comment

I think that's normally a bug when that happens to me.

KIWI, any news on your testing yet, what results have you come up with ???

Comment

No luck it seems, I'm clueless. What do those ~10 random people have that PB does not like. God only knows I guess :|:

PB log message is:

[04.04.2009 17:39:03] Attempting unload of pnkbstrb.
                            [04.04.2009 17:39:03] PnkBstrB v2.181 (BF2) Service Attempting Unload. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
                            17:39 was a kick time with the message "PB client authentication failure", ~5-10 players were kicked as usual

Let's see what PB supports says, currently case is still open

Comment

Working...
                            X