Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What aspect of the game is most challenging to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What aspect of the game is most challenging to you?

I've never understood how some of these people can flip a gunship so quickly. I've seen people make it do loops practically in-place, yet I've tried bumping up my sensitivity to maximum and still if I get a gunship flipped over I practically get wanker's cramp trying to flip it back rightside up. There must be a trick to the throttle that I'm not getting. :hmm:

Comment

let off the throttle when your looping up, put on the throttle on your downloop

Comment

Gunship is quite difficult as there's many aspects to it.

The two hardest ones are DOGFIGHTING and SOLOing.

Dogfighting is a skill no one will ever master due to other pilots changing style and tactics that they must overcome to win. There's also situations where you can't win no matter how good you are. e.g :: Pinned by two gunships, 2 SAAW + Gunship, EMPed ect..

Soloing takes practice but once you get you'll see your k/d ratio raise in the gunship. Of course, Dogfighting and losing dogfights is what brings your k/d down.

Then there's those who flies the "TALON" only judging from their EU/PAC hours and gunship hours.

Flying is this; get into it, you'll be really anxious when actually flying especially in scrims where you don't know who the other team aces are and what they fly like.

Comment

This is a surprisingly good thread because people are giving immediate advice for improving on weaknesses.

Comment

How do people do the curved flip in a gunship? I've seen it a few times. They do a half roll and do a wide, curved flip to get back up. The gunship is mostly perpendicular to the path it's traveling.

Kinda hard to explain in words.

Comment

is there a vid you can link to?

Comment

Nope, I've only seen it done in game.

Comment

a link with a lot of handy flying tips(it is bf2 but it also works in bf2142, you just need to combine gunship and heli together).

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                    How do people do the curved flip in a gunship? I've seen it a few times. They do a half roll and do a wide, curved flip to get back up. The gunship is mostly perpendicular to the path it's traveling.

Kinda hard to explain in words.
                    I think I know what you are on about.

I don't have a joystick, but with a high res mouse you can do it too.

Try banking right by both holding D and moving the mouse sharply down and to the right, then, when the gunship starts to flip rather than turn, hold A and move the mouse sharply up and to the left, which takes the gunship the same was as it was going before, because now it's flipped so up is down and left is right.

Hope that makes some sense.

I can't do it predictably or anything. I've just noticed it happen a few times when I've been trying to bank hard right & I've overcooked it.

Still, my advice is not worth all that much, as I'm only any good as backup in a 2 vs 2 gunship fight.

I normally lose one on one. :dead:

Comment

Sometimes I do some crazy **** in a gunship, but never on purpose.

Comment

when it comes to gunship and doing evasive maneuvers, i switch back from mouse+keyboard to exclusively keyboard. it allows me to do hard turns that a mouse cannot do due to limitations since you can't push one direction on the mouse for too long.

Comment

Yeah flying really isnt that hard, its just that I find that if I feel like flying, I'm always up against people that only fly gunships all day. I really dont understand why people just fly gunships, I would think it would be boring but I guess they enjoy it.

Comment

yeah thats one thing that kind of discourages me from trying to get really good with a gunship is there are all of these other people that have been doing nothing but flying gunships since the game came out.

but then again you can say the same thing about people that have played alot of infantry stuff since the game came out too

Comment

yeah there are some people who only play gunship, i hate facing them. i stand no chance against those guys.

Comment

If you really want to spend an afternoon in enjoyment land then equip yourself with a SAAW and piss on the chips of gunship whores.

I can remember a day playing on Tampa with some total gunship whores. They would do the vertical rocket/missile trick on my walker so I thought fek it. I will devote my afternoon to destroying gunships. Camped outside relevant base, surrounded by mm's, equipped with SAAW. Hidden amongst the rocks.

You killed GunshipsASs1
                                You killed GunshipBIatch2356

Oh my that was joy. Die gunship biatches lol

Comment

Working...
                                X