Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What aspect of the game is most challenging to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What aspect of the game is most challenging to you?

Originally posted by Field
    or you could learn to hold the mouse down a bit when firing burst.
    That's not a good alternative to what I was suggesting though. Sometimes you don't want to disturb your aim, but you DO want to track the moving target at which you're aiming, so "holding the mouse down" won't cut it there.

As for bursts vs single shot, single shot is MUCH better at anything beyond about 30 meters I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)
      That's not a good alternative to what I was suggesting though. Sometimes you don't want to disturb your aim, but you DO want to track the moving target at which you're aiming, so "holding the mouse down" won't cut it there.

As for bursts vs single shot, single shot is MUCH better at anything beyond about 30 meters I'd say.

Do you use keyboard 'fire' button? If so which one do you use... I want to try it out but I can't find a good key to put 'fire' to.
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Forces(UK)

that really depends

Comment

Everything exept sniping while the enemy is running. I know the trick, its only to fast for me to do. Sometimes i have succes, sometimes i fail in a hugh way.

Comment

All aspects of ground warfare for me. Yeah, I stink that bad on the ground.

I only do well if I m flying the gunship.

Comment

Trying to hide is challenging, there is just too much UAV and other things to find the enemy with

Comment

landing those stupid transports.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
                  landing those stupid transports.
                  Correction, landing those transports without squishing any idiotic teammate who bail just before landing thinking "OMG THIS NOOB IS GOING TO CRASH." and get punished teamkilled for it. That is just takes a lot of skills.

Yeah, I do as well have trouble landing transports on Towers and use them as battery. It's not as manueverable and easy to control as the gunship.

RESPECT TO ALL THOSE TRANSPORT PILOTS WHO FLY UNGRATEFUL SOLDIERS FROM POINT A TO POINT B IN ONE PIECE! ~Amaranthen Gunship pilot.

Comment

On that, I found that it was best to land it airplane-style by slowly coming down as if approaching a runway, with your landing spot well in sight. If I just went straight down from above, most people bailed out probably thinking I was about to crash the bird.

Comment

I'm happy with my abilities of ground warfare, but I just can't fly. The whole notion of having to move the entire aircraft just to aim at something just annoys me.

I still can't figure out how to park a transport so that the guns hang over the edge of those towers in Suez or the buildings in Minsk.

I'm also pretty bad at sniping moving targets, usually I just lead a bit depending on range and just fire as fast as the gun will let me.

Comment

You'll get a whole lot respect on the ground than my whole 2 year and a half flying around in the gunship.

Ground troops have bigger impact on the battlefield than pilots. I can't play Ground infantry that much, get owned too fast.

I also cannot knife very well. Against Joe Average, I win with my little side strafe slash and crouch slide and the dive. I can't use the APC, Tank and Walker at all. Die too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse

Ground troops have bigger impact on the battlefield than pilots. I can't play Ground infantry that much, get owned too fast.

i just think your not trying hard enough or practicing enough. if your good with the gunship you can easily get good with the other vehicles.

just stop playing gunship for a while and practice playing on foot a bit you will get better.

Comment

Ditto. A bit of time and perseverance in an unfamiliar situation will get you better as you learn the tricks of the trade. After all, playing the gunship at first must've been a rather bumpy ride - it'll be the same for whatever you touch anew.

I equate the gunships in BF2142 to the spy in TF2. Doesn't cap any flags, but a good pilot can incite fear and doubt into the enemy and cause them to move around more slowly because they're being paranoid of what's around them. They are the guys who soften up a large task force so that their teammates can come in for easier kills.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                              Correction, landing those transports without squishing any idiotic teammate who bail just before landing thinking "OMG THIS NOOB IS GOING TO CRASH." and get punished teamkilled for it. That is just takes a lot of skills.
                              Guilty as charged - to be honest, I've always wondered why I sometimes die when I bail out. I always assumed that I was helping the pilot so he didn't have to land and so that others could spawn in my place.

Originally posted by Shurikane
                              Ditto. A bit of time and perseverance in an unfamiliar situation will get you better as you learn the tricks of the trade. After all, playing the gunship at first must've been a rather bumpy ride - it'll be the same for whatever you touch anew.
                              I've always wanted to have the opportunity to watch a good pilot fly a gunship/jet/helicopter (whatever). By watch I don't mean in game, I mean actually watch them operate the controls and perhaps talk through what they are doing.

We're all using the same controls - joystick/mouse, throttle, and trim - but for the life of me I cannot figure out how some of these guys make their ships dance the way they do.

Comment

Your best bet in that case is to ask him the control inputs required. That or you go into an empty server or a local multi one and fool around with the GS for a while to try to find out for yourself. Perhaps there are videos on YouTube or WeGame that talk about it - you'd have to do a search.

Comment

Working...
                                X