New 1943 info, pics and video and player count on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1943 info, pics and video and player count on PC

Color me impressed, it looked good before but now it looks more better! Dont believe me read this and watch their video

here is the link where they speak of PC getting high player count:

Never mind Bad Company - welcome to Dimwit Company. Nobody's talking to one another - hardly surprising, since the guys…

heres the qoute:

"We have designed the levels now with 24 in mind, but that's not hard-coded. You can always squeeze in more players," Liu says when we ask about the PC version."

Re: New 1943 info, pics and video and player count on PC

Not a bad vid. The action looks pretty smooth. Both articles seem to "confirm" a Summer release, which is good. Also good is that they're re-colourizing some of the maps to separate their look from BF:Heroes.

And if the maps are large enough, PC users will be happy to hear that the 24-player limit isn't hard-coded.

If the mentioned $15-20 target price is correct, that might be worth it to keep people occupied until later in the year/next year, when shooters like (COD):MW_2, ArmA_2, OPFlashpoint_2, BF:BC_2 start coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
      Not a bad vid. The action looks pretty smooth. Both articles seem to "confirm" a Summer release, which is good. Also good is that they're re-colourizing some of the maps to separate their look from BF:Heroes.

And if the maps are large enough, PC users will be happy to hear that the 24-player limit isn't hard-coded.

If the mentioned $15-20 target price is correct, that might be worth it to keep people occupied until later in the year/next year, when shooters like (COD):MW_2, ArmA_2, OPFlashpoint_2, BF:BC_2 start coming out.

PC gamers always get the best, lucky! I would love to play 1943 with more then 24 players but I wont complain. My 360 will do me just fine, but I have been thinking of building a gaming PC rig!

Comment

Looks better now actually. Thanks for posting

Comment

Im real excited! Im going to get this for my 360! But in the next month or so I may build a gaming PC rig and get it for that too. Anyone have any tips I can get on building a good rig at a affordable price?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Paladin
            But in the next month or so I may build a gaming PC rig and get it for that too. Anyone have any tips I can get on building a good rig at a affordable price?
            It's probably best if you ask that question in the Tech Center area of the forum, where there are people who are both interested and more knowledgeable to offer advice:
            Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
              It's probably best if you ask that question in the Tech Center area of the forum, where there are people who are both interested and more knowledgeable to offer advice:
              http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...play.php?f=175
              Alright, thanks!!!

Comment

In the Gamespot video, Patrick Liu mentions that they have re-vamped the squad system for 1943 from the Bad Company version to make it more like BF2. I believe he even actually says, "proper squad system" or something like that. That's good to know since the Bad Company squad system was a bit gimped and you couldn't choose what squad you were placed in.

Comment

It looks pretty cool. I used to love playing BF:1942, so I thought about picking this up when it comes out. Especially because there are hardly any games every released in the summer. Maybe one of these days, more companies will realize that hello, tons of kids are off school, you could make a killing by releasing a good summer title, but everyone wants their 'Holiday Sales' and some games are big enough to compete at that time so they fail.

ANYWAY, I'll have to think about this, but at that cheap of a price, it would be a taste of Bad Company like gameplay for the PC.

Comment

I just want to know if it's a steam release. Only thing I would buy it on if it's DD only.

Comment

potential higher player count ups this game's interest a lot, at least for me
                      from the videos, the wake island map is quite big and could accommodate 40 I think
                      I am now looking forward to this game

Comment

Summer is not even that far away too!

Comment

I think Wiki has a May release date.

Comment

I want to drive a tank through a forest, just taking trees out willy nilly.

Comment

Working...
                            X