Battlefield: Bad Company 2 trailer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 trailer.

So, its friday that the first trailer for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be shown, and although at first i was not bothered, am intrested in what we will see in the trailer from a PC aspect.

Am thinking they will not even show us anything about the pc part of it, it will probably just be aload of movie cut scenes i think.

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 trailer.

It will likely have a lot of cut-scenes, but I hope that they show some gameplay as well.

I wouldn't get too hung up on seeing "PC specific" video, even though we'd all like it. Most developers show Console video first, both because it's usually ahead of the curve, and it's easier to produce. If anything, PC will look even better. I remember when IW first started putting out gameplay vids for COD4, they were of the 360...those vids looked quite good, and when we finally got to see PC video, it was even better.

The only unfortunate thing about console video is that it only gives a basic idea of gameplay, and we all know that gameplay on PC, even with the same number of players as a console server, is quite different. The thing I notice most easily is that it's usually harder to kill people in the console version due to the rougher aim.

But I think whatever they show will be enough to at least give a player an idea if it has potential, or is completely not what one might be looking for.

Quick side-note...I never really paid any attention when BC1 came out, because it wasn't for PC. With news of BC2, and the upcoming trailer, I did a few quick searches on YouTube for gameplay vids. I found a bunch that are all around 1-2 min that I'll link to below. Be sure to click the HD button below the video window to watch in the best quality.

IMO, BC1 looked quite good (I was surprised, actually), the destructible enviros were a nice touch, and in particular I liked the audio (gunshots especially). I think if BC2 looks and acts similar, then it'll be a fun game, even if it's not the big, epic BF3 that most of us would like:

1:28, very high quality - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F27y1F5bf4I&feature=related[/media]

1:03, very high quality, some vehicle combat - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWQ1B1HPo7w&feature=related[/media]

1:48, very high quality, Conquest mode, some vehicle combat - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkOqPdo07eg&feature=related[/media]

1:22, very high quality, destructible wall - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQfHVoznbDI&feature=related[/media]

0:41, very high quality, swampy Oasis map - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWiAZJqNWXU&feature=related[/media]

0:59, very high quality, Oasis map, guy gets run over, self-healing - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZBfku_KNY8&feature=related[/media]

0:44 - very high quality, Ascension map - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qL9CG4kjX4&feature=related[/media]

1:04 - very high quality, Ascension map, sniper - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieNPrVz2niY&feature=related[/media]

Comment

apparently this is some artwork from the game

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
        apparently this is some artwork from the game

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com...ny-2/?&game=12
        Yep it might be screenshots that got photoshoped and that they are calling art, but what ever it is the images were found in the latest Game Trailers Newsletter. Can not wait for the trailer, I loved BFBC, and I am happy with what ever games come out in the BF Series, hell I even like BFHeroes.

Comment

By going off of the artwork I can say that the setting does interest me. One thing I always wished that was in BF2 was a snow map.

And Freakboy, I think you're right. They are probably screenshots from the game that are touched up. The aliasing really gives it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakboy
            Yep it might be screenshots that got photoshopped
            Yeah, that's always a possibility with screenshots, and I think we've all seen that happen in some of our fav games. They're better than nothing, but I prefer HD video whenever possible.

To be honest, I was quite surprised at how good BC1 looked on Console in the vids I found. If BC2 looks the same/better, I think most people will be pleased at the visual aspects at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
              Yeah, that's always a possibility with screenshots, and I think we've all seen that happen in some of our fav games. They're better than nothing, but I prefer HD video whenever possible.

To be honest, I was quite surprised at how good BC1 looked on Console in the vids I found. If BC2 looks the same/better, I think most people will be pleased at the visual aspects at least.
              I was just watching this video and even though the person recording isn't doing much you can still see that the graphics are pretty good. And the sound effects are great, too. PR comes to mind when I hear some of the sound effects.

Comment

I do like snowy settings, after first startting to play BF2 some years ago now, i always wanted the next BF game to be a snowy one, and when BF2142 came along, there was snow, but for some reason it did not feel right.

It could be because it was not snowy mountins and stuff, it was just a light dustting of snow in the city streets.

PS. The gun sounds in them videos are just perfect, and DICE Pirelli says that BC2 sounds will be much better than BC1.

Comment

Well tomorrow we will find out what will be shown in the bad company 2 trailer. I for one cannot wait! I just hope they raised the player count for consoles. Im assuming it is obivously raised for PC version, for obvious reasons.

Comment

that map looks like cerebere landing.

Comment

It would be nice to have a nice infantry snow maps. I am so sick of looking at nothing, but orange in Karkand. lol I think BC1 looks very good for the console (bought my 360 basically just for it lol) I think if you imagine them improving that which is most likely going to happen even if its a little. Take that, and then think of that on the PC on all high. *drool* There is also no words for how good that game sounds I personally think its the best sounding game out.

Comment

Yea BC has amazing sounds... I hope this new trailer shows some new even better sounds

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                          Yea BC has amazing sounds... I hope this new trailer shows some new even better sounds

Originally posted by Pirelli
                          Not at all. BC2 will have the best sound yet in any Battlefield game.

On that note: there are plenty of improvements over BC1 in BC2. Our software engineers have put an insane amount of work into Frostbite since BC1.

That's what DICE pirelli said last night, so the sound should be better than BC1.

Comment

The only thing i would say about the screen shots is that it looks like there is alot of junk to get stuck on, and rubbish that you have to jump over and waste your sprint bar on, then you have none left for doing any sprinting.

I hate now you can get stuck on the smallest of things in BF2 /2142, you have to jump over a 2 X 2 bit of wood just to get over it, and in 2142 you always get stuck on the railway lines on gamp gib

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                              The only thing i would say about the screen shots is that it looks like there is alot of junk to get stuck on, and rubbish that you have to jump over and waste your sprint bar on, then you have none left for doing any sprinting.

I hate now you can get stuck on the smallest of things in BF2 /2142, you have to jump over a 2 X 2 bit of wood just to get over it, and in 2142 you always get stuck on the railway lines on gamp gib
                              If their destruction model is as good as they say it is, chances are, all that cover will be destroyed pretty quickly.

and yea, the sounds are really nice in bad company

Comment

Working...
                              X