Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some weapon comparisons

Originally posted by Bradley
    (Random, but isn't the shrapnel what's most dangerous from a grenade not the blast? Just a random information check)
    Yes. The only mainstream grenade ever made that didn't kill by shrapnel was the German Stick Grenade (the classic, potato masher, because it literally just mashed people).

Comment

i def think the rifle greandes are more deadly and have a larger explosion radius then the grenade launcher. as for the hand greandes, i love the cod 4 grenades because of the larger radius and the longer throw. there are sometimes in cod:ww when i throw a grenade just to watch it land within 4 feet of some1 and just injure them not a kill, this is just an exaggeration but still. the only thing that was wrong with cod 4 in that aspect was the 3x grenades and the lack of a grenade timer reset perk. cod:ww would have been fine with a 3x grenade perk because it doesnt have the same thing that cod 4 did. but thats just imo

Comment

Originally posted by [FM]JoeCool4433
        i def think the rifle greandes are more deadly and have a larger explosion radius then the grenade launcher. as for the hand greandes, i love the cod 4 grenades because of the larger radius and the longer throw. there are sometimes in cod:ww when i throw a grenade just to watch it land within 4 feet of some1 and just injure them not a kill, this is just an exaggeration but still. the only thing that was wrong with cod 4 in that aspect was the 3x grenades and the lack of a grenade timer reset perk. cod:ww would have been fine with a 3x grenade perk because it doesnt have the same thing that cod 4 did. but thats just imo
        Hahaha, no way. The grenades in CoD4 were like nukes. A little realistic... maybe, but for gameplay? It was pretty horrible.

Comment

i love the cod 4 grenades because of the larger radius and the longer throw. there are sometimes in cod:ww when i throw a grenade just to watch it land within 4 feet of some1 and just injure them not a kill, this is just an exaggeration but still.
          i agree here, the grenades in WaW are pretty sh*te..
          they seem to have a much smaller throwing distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
            for gameplay? It was pretty horrible.
            like i said above its only horrible because of the 3x nades and the lack of a grenade reset timer perk.....honestly the throwing of the nades wasnt as a big of a deal as the noobydom nades

Comment

The problem is too many people complained about the grenades in CoD4, so they nerfed it in WW. Just like now how people complain about tanks in WW so they took them out of hardcore for consoles.

Of course last stand, martyrdom, and grenade launchers werent left out and everyone complained about those, so maybe it was just the devs that didnt like them. I dont know though.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

like i said above its only horrible because of the 3x nades and the lack of a grenade reset timer perk.....honestly the throwing of the nades wasnt as a big of a deal as the noobydom nades
                I think those were some of the key points. 2x instead of 3x would've been better, and a more reasonable timer on the Martyrdom nades. I never tested it, but others suggested, and I've felt sometimes, that the Marty nades may have had a bigger/stronger blast radius than regular nades.

The nades in CODWW may be a bit underpowered, but I don't mind them so far overall. And maybe it's because Martyrdom is no longer as devastating (or maybe the bigger noobs stayed with COD4 ) but it seems like not nearly as many people use it in CODWW. I was actually excited when I heard about the "Toss Back" perk, but never really found it necessary to use in gameplay, as Marty was no longer a big problem.

Martyrdom is the one thing I hope they either remove or nerf a bit for MW2, if they keep the regular nades as powerful as in COD4. Ideally, a longer timer and not allowing a player to drop a Marty nade if he's already thrown away all of the ones in his inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                  I think those were some of the key points. 2x instead of 3x would've been better, and a more reasonable timer on the Martyrdom nades. I never tested it, but others suggested, and I've felt sometimes, that the Marty nades may have had a bigger/stronger blast radius than regular nades.

The nades in CODWW may be a bit underpowered, but I don't mind them so far overall. And maybe it's because Martyrdom is no longer as devastating (or maybe the bigger noobs stayed with COD4 ) but it seems like not nearly as many people use it in CODWW. I was actually excited when I heard about the "Toss Back" perk, but never really found it necessary to use in gameplay, as Marty was no longer a big problem.

Martyrdom is the one thing I hope they either remove or nerf a bit for MW2, if they keep the regular nades as powerful as in COD4. Ideally, a longer timer and not allowing a player to drop a Marty nade if he's already thrown away all of the ones in his inventory.
                  A felt the same way about "Toss back". However, I never was bothered by marty until maps like Broadcast showed up. Well maybe it's because I play on a 24/7 46 player broadcast.

Comment

IMO the nades in WaW are perfection.

Comment

For those of you who dont know the M1 is the predecessor of the M14,
                      And the STG44 is the predecessor of the modern AK47, thats why they look similar.

Comment

I don't think the STG 44 is like the AK47
                        The SVT 40 is
                        Reason?
                        They both use the same bullets (7.62)
                        and they both have the same rear sights

and also the SVT 40 is reliable like the AK47

Comment

Originally posted by Dual_Core
                          For those of you who dont know the M1 is the predecessor of the M14,
                          And the STG44 is the predecessor of the modern AK47, thats why they look similar.
                          First bit is true. The second bit is only thought of like that. Soviet Russia always claimed that the AK-47 was unique, even after capturing many many many MP/STG44s and studying them closely (first ever assault rifle).

Comment

Originally posted by =FEAR= DrillB!T
                            I don't think the STG 44 is like the AK47
                            The SVT 40 is
                            Reason?
                            They both use the same bullets (7.62)
                            and they both have the same rear sights
                            well for one thing the AK47 in cod4 is hella easier to use than the single shot SVT40 in cod5 wouldnt you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Field
                              well for one thing the AK47 in cod4 is hella easier to use than the single shot SVT40 in cod5 wouldnt you agree?
                              I agree with that only because of the single shot. If you use any single shot weapon you are going to have to be sure if the shot or you may end up dead.

The recoil on the AK47 in CoD4 made it harder to use and took some time to get used to. You had the advantage of the full auto though.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

STG 44 was an amazing weapon, although unreliable, it was far ahead of its time, however its induction late in the conflict and low production numbers limited is useful showing on the battlefield. The Ak 47, is quite similar yes, but different in a lot of ways as more extensive testing was done to make it what it is today.

Comment

Working...
                                X