Router issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router issues....

I just purchased the Linksys Wireless - N Broadband router( 1 Gigabit Edition)....

My router issues involve gaming online. I use the wirless router for my wireless laptop and my wired desktop.

The laptop and desktop each have a retail copy of Call Of Duty World At War.

Here are my settings so far:

Under Applications And Gaming Tab:
    Port Range Forwarding:

Application Start End Protocol IP Address Enable
    CoDWaW1 80 80 BOTH 192.168.1.100 check
    CoDWaW2 443 443 BOTH 192.168.1.100 check
    CoDWaW3 3074 3074 BOTH 192.168.1.100 check
    CoDWaW4 3075 3075 BOTH 192.168.1.100 check
    CoDWaW5 3478 3478 BOTH 192.168.1.100 check
    CoDWaW6 3479 3479 BOTH 192.168.1.100 check
    CoDWaW7 5223 5223 BOTH 192.168.1.100 check

I was told on the chat support that the above is for my desktop and for the laptop, all I had to do is this:

Application Name Triggered Range Forwarded Range Enabled

CoDWaW1 80 to 80 80 to 80 check

CoDWaW2 443 to 443 443 to 443 check

CoDWaW3 3074 to 3074 3074 to 3074 check

CoDWaW4 3075 to 3075 3075 to 3075 check

CoDWaW5 3478 to 3478 3478 to 3478 check

CoDWaW6 3479 to 3479 3479 to 3479 check

CoDWaW7 5223 to 5223 5223 to 5223 check

Just curious if this is the correct setup for online gaming using the laptop and desktop?

Here are a couple of issues I have while gaming online with both computers:

Both computers can game online in the multiplayer mode.......both comps can enter the same server with no problems.

But when it comes to playing Co-op mode and me being the host, I can host with 3 players....but if there is a fourth person, that person cannot join my hosted server.....he is sent to an empty chat room/server and unable to hook up the three gamers.

Another issue I had is when me and a friend played Co-op together on the laptop and desktop the laptop would periodically get a connection interruption for about 5 seconds and then he was able to continue gameplay.

Could someting being interfering with the wireless router and causing the connection interruption? Someone told me it could be my wireless headphones(2.4 ghz) and or portable phones(2.4 ghz) is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any responses in advance.

Rick

Re: Router issues....

Yes, it is 100% possible that wireless headphones and portable phones in the 2.4 ghz range can interrupt the connection.

The problem with your 4th going to an empty server/room is strange. Especially with an invite. Since both machines you have are using the same external IP address, what I would do is connect the laptop last. It could be that somehow the CoD on the laptop is "hosting" the game also because its loaded at the same time and the same ports are used.

I know that sounds strange, but if the devs didnt design with that in mind, I can see it being a possibility.

As for your firewall changes, I wouldnt think you would have had to make any as that model of router does pass-thru firewalling, meaning the inside machines tell the firewall what ports to open on the fly via traffic its requesting.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Hey there Captain Crunch.

Thanks for trying to help me out.

I tried to host a zombies map with 3 other clan members!!! The fourth guy always goes to a room/server by himself. Only using wired desktop that happens to be hooked up to wireless router.

Thanks again.....I'll keep surfing until I can get these issues solved. Cheers

Comment

Is it the same 4th guy or random?

If you find a fix, let us know

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It's usually the slowest guy to accept the invite...lol.

It's pissing me off.....I have a good connection and currently hosting co-op is out of the question.

Thanks CC.

Comment

Working...
          X