Next Armored Core game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Armored Core game?

Well, it is about that time. What time you ask? Why, time for tidbits of information about the next installment of Armored Core to start appearing on the internet of course.

However, so far this year I have found absolutely NOTHING as of yet. I haven't even found as much as a project name. This is rather unusual since an Armored Core game has come out consistently every year for like the past thirteen years.

I am hoping of course that this does not mean the worse since I really enjoyed AC for Answer- vast improvement from Armored Core 4. This wasn't the first time that Fromsoftware released a lemon and then followed it up with a apologetic sequel that made up for the prior installment (IE: Armored Core Nine Breaker --> Last Raven) so I hope the stigma of AC4 has been atoned and has not sunk the series.

Basically, I am wondering two things:

1) Are there any Armored Core fans on this forum?
    2) Has anyone heard anything about a next installment?

If you have played Armored Core and it was not your cup-o-tea then that is fine. However, be aware that this is my favorite video game series of ALL TIME and I ask that you please be respectful- no inflammatory posts please.

Re: Next Armored Core game?

Originally posted by ItazuraStrikesAgain!
    1) Are there any Armored Core fans on this forum?
    I think I played the demo for 4, was alright not my thing though.

2) Has anyone heard anything about a nest installment?
    Not really for me, those games pop up out of no where.

I ask that you please be respectful- no incendiary posts please.
    Shooting yourself in the foot there my friend...

Comment

I never liked the Armored Core Games, sorry.

Comment

En|gma, is the AC4 demo your only experience with the series? If you liked the concept but hated the demo then I would suggest playing ANY other Armored Core (except Nine Breaker - PS2). AC4 is horrible. I have not been so upset with an installment of a game in my life.

@ Pieman'- Which ones have you played? Also, was it the concept you hated?

Comment

En|gma, is the AC4 demo your only experience with the series? If you liked the concept but hated the demo then I would suggest playing ANY other Armored Core (except Nine Breaker - PS2). AC4 is horrible. I have not been so upset with an installment of a game in my life.
          Concept was neat, used to be into MW3/4 tho AC strikes me as more arcadey it's still seems like a blast. Was Armoured Core For Answer released on PS3 aswell as 360? I can't remember.

Comment

I think I had the first one on my PS1, when I was about 10..

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
              Concept was neat, used to be into MW3/4 tho AC strikes me as more arcadey it's still seems like a blast. Was Armoured Core For Answer released on PS3 aswell as 360? I can't remember.
              It was released for both, yes. AC for Answer is a good example of an AC game (I have a review on the forum for it). AC: Last Raven is amazing too but I wouldn't recommend that one for a first timer since it has some very difficult parts. I would start with AC2 if you can bear to play PS2 games... some people just can't go back once they go to the next gens and if you are one of those people I would suggest renting AC for Answer.

@ Recon: Yep, there are 12 installments of the series spanning from PS1 to PS3... and that doesn't include the PSP or mobile phone games . I've been on board for a long time. I have all the console installments

Comment

I just didn't like the concept. It's not really 'my' sorta game.

Comment

Well if it was the concept you hated then I am afraid there is nothing I can do for you

Comment

This just in!

If you meander over to the Official Armored Core Website (here) you will see an ominous little count down. As of the time of this post the countdown was set to 109 hours and 40min....

Something is a brewing...

Comment

UPDATE:

Well, looks like the countdown was for the reveal of Armored Core 3 Portable.

Cool... but I don't have a PSP

Oh well, guess I'll be waiting a little longer for a new PS3 installment.

Comment

Working...
                      X