illegal server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal server?

Ok so I'm thinking, hey I haven't played operation Cleansweap in forever, lets try it out! And I find this server:

So at first I tryed spawning on the battlefield somewhere and cap some flags. Then I got killed by a jet so I figured I would try for the fighter/bomber next time. I get there and the jet spawns, I hop in quickly because I was on the spawn and some msg comes up saying I was not allowed in the jet and my heath and armour dropped down to red bars on its own from full. Meanwhiile I'm thinking wtf did I get hit by? then I try to take off and before I got off the runeway, once again I suffer a massive sudden blow of dmg and die like suicide.

So then I'm thinking wtf just happened? I come running back and this time the jet spawns before I can get there and I have a nice low ping of under 70 on this server yet the moment I got close to the jet it lagged and reset me back further coninteously until someone "allowed" in the jet got there. That person also happenes to be the top US player, pretty pathetic too for a stacked game in his favour.

Last but not least, the tickets seemed stacked.. I saw them @ 450+ per side?

I never heard/seen nething like this before. wondering it ne1 else encountered the same server or others before?

Re: illegal server?

i've also had the misfortune of being on that server. They have this crazy system where you can't physically enter a vehicle spawn area if someone is already there (basically a wait in line rule). If you try and cut in you hit an invisible wall. I think that server also gives infinite sprint. They kicked me for 'capping a flag' once. Avoid.

Comment

This server is running modded map and it is using not EA ranking but alternate "BF2 private ranking statistics" (http://www.bfstats.info) so it is not illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by maxxximilian
        This server is running modded map and it is using not EA ranking but alternate "BF2 private ranking statistics" (http://www.bfstats.info) so it is not illegal.

Yea that's true

Comment

I've noticed a lot of weird servers lately.. they appear to be chinese, some are ranked and others aren't, but when I connected to one, the tickets were at around 1000 on either side, and all weapons, including those I hadn't unlocked yet were available for use :S

So i disconnected fast :>

Comment

yeah just the other day i got kicked for capping a flag. it said don't camp flag with vehicle, but i was capping the flag which is what you're supposed to do. i just don't get these whackjob servers.

Comment

Thousands of servers, and yet, most of you people find the wrong ones! LOL!

Comment

If I catch you talking about our server one more time I'm gonna ***** slap the taste out of your mouth.:thumbsup:

Comment

Well, that is one way to advertise a nice welcoming server.

Comment

Hah, and people on Xfire ask me why I basically stopped playing BF2.

Too much f*ckin' bullsh*t to deal with. I hate to sound like a walking advertisement, but you don't have these complications in Left 4 Dead. Join us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi sauce
                      Hah, and people on Xfire ask me why I basically stopped playing BF2.

Too much f*ckin' bullsh*t to deal with. I hate to sound like a walking advertisement, but you don't have these complications in Left 4 Dead. Join us.
                      You also wouldn't have those complications if you stopped playing video games and read a book instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                        You also wouldn't have those complications if you stopped playing video games and read a book instead.
                        ... and you would be entirely right, seeing as the human element is practically always the problematic one. If it wasn't for the lot of you whiners and arbitrary rule makers, we could enjoy this game in all its glory: instead, you've all opted to force training wheels on everyone's mountain bikes.

BF2 used to be something great; now it's a f*cking joke. Enjoy your nerfed experience.

Edit:

It would also help if the administrative people weren't constantly abusing their powers. Never in my life have I seen so much abuse and grieving coming from the very people asking others to abide by their dumbsh*t rules.

And I've played CS for years... so I would know a thing or two about admin abuse.

Comment

... and you would be entirely right, seeing as the human element is practically always the problematic one. If it wasn't for the lot of you whiners and arbitrary rule makers, we could enjoy this game in all its glory: instead, you've all opted to force training wheels on everyone's mountain bikes.

BF2 used to be something great; now it's a f*cking joke. Enjoy your nerfed experience.

Edit:

It would also help if the administrative people weren't constantly abusing their powers. Never in my life have I seen so much abuse and grieving coming from the very people asking others to abide by their dumbsh*t rules.

And I've played CS for years... so I would know a thing or two about admin abuse.
                          Are you talking to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                            Are you talking to me?
                            No, just in general.

Comment

Edit:

I agree it's extremely frustrating that the servers are now designed to accommodate the noob players, with all the silly rules.

no bunny hopping - come on get over the fact that u can't aim for sh*t and you need a target to be practically standing still to shoot them...

no clays c4 at flag - how else am i supposed to use them... They help to defend an area. If your dumb enough to assault a flag without a teammate that could revive you, then thats your choice.

no uncap attack - most popular maps don't have two uncaps, how is it that one team can be raped in their main and the other could just sit there on deck with their beach chairs waiting for jets/choppers. It's the teams fault the carrier is getting raped, everyone is waiting for vehicles and no one is capping any flags.

no seat switching - why is it that you can't switch seats in choppers, but you might as well take a FAV and use the 50 cal in the second seat to shoot the chopper down. It's the same concept only that one takes more skill then the other.

Thats why I like servers like =HoG= Kubra Dam - whine all you want there are no rules that protect you from your teams incompetence.

Comment

Working...
                              X