I need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help.

ok i had bf2 installed and i was playing it fine. 1 morning i woke up and found it deleted and it wouldnt let me play it. i tried to reinstall but it keeps on saying
    I:/ is not a valid Win32 application. and when i put the disk in the disk drive nothing pops up. im really mad and i want to play it. i deleted the logocache and profiles but i couldnt delete anymore files cuz i couldnt find em. plz help.

Re: I need help.

Have you done a complete uninstall from add and remove programs and then delete EA folder from the windows explorer bit?

Comment

Check your CD for scratches or dirt. This error usually pops up in corrupted disks but seeing as your installed fine previously, i would blame dirt or dust on the disk surface being the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by [3MIB]1FD|WO1.HIVictim
        Check your CD for scratches or dirt. This error usually pops up in corrupted disks but seeing as your installed fine previously, i would blame dirt or dust on the disk surface being the cause.
        Yeah. Make sure the disk isn't damaged first. If the BF2 directory was deleted without using the proper methods of removal (i.e. Add/Remove Programs), it be a good idea to delete all registry keys associated with it. Then again, if you don't know what you're doing in registry, you could always try something like CCleaner and run the registry cleaning part of it.

Comment

Try the manual uninstall then reinstall: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...p?p_faqid=8986

Comment

ok im new and it has some scratches and im not that good with computers.

Comment

If you right click on your BF2 icon and click on PROPERTIES what does it say in the target box?
              Do you get any errors while installing the game?

Comment

There is probably a .reg that takes care of deleting the registry entries, but those can also be quite malicious, so be careful.

Comment

Working...
                X