Lag with certain awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag with certain awards?

As the title says, are there lags with receiving certain awards.

I don't usually play for awards, but I noticed that I had the requirements for the Good Conduct Ribbon and just needed the 10 kills i.o.r. w/o any team kills/vehicle damage.

I hopped on for a few minutes last night on a ff-off server, got 15 or so kills, picked up a combat efficiency pin, and a silver star. There were no team kills (obviously) and no vehicle damage.

The star and pin have appeared in my stats, but the GCR hasn't.

I seem to recall that certain awards lagged a bit in BF2 - does the same thing happen in 2142?

Re: Lag with certain awards?

Sometimes, the award quite simply doesn't kick in.

It happens on a frequent basis that players sometimes need to get the requirements several times before the award realizes it needs to be awarded. BF2142 is strange like that.

Comment

Yeah I had that with the Combat Commander Ribbon, I played in a ranked server and recieved the award ingame, then before the round ended the server crashed and when I checked my stats there was no award! I had to log on into another server and recieved it the second time and this time it did appear.

Comment

I've got pistol gold at least twice now (had 30 kills IAR with pistol and 35 in another), and I still haven't got it, and it's very rarely I actually feel motivated enough to try.

Comment

I also had some lag with the GCR and a few others from about 16h ago, they are now on my stats luckly, as that I was fearing that rather than being on a normal server with a lot of "n00bs" and it be a blessing they could not hit anything, I was feeling that I would have to gone to a P&K server to get my Pistol silver

Comment

Dont worry, its one of the bugged awards. Once you get it, you'll keep getting it. Again and again and again. I think i've gotten it about seven different times now, along with the legion of merit.

Comment

I had to go out of town on business and couldn't play for a couple of days, but the second time around it worked perfectly.

Comment

Emergency rescue pin is weird too, there's a delay between the 8 revives and your pin getting awarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                  Emergency rescue pin is weird too, there's a delay between the 8 revives and your pin getting awarded.
                  delay is about 15-20 seconds.. you can even die and respawn in the mean time

Comment

I've always thought there was a minimum time your 'targets' that you revived had to stay alive for the pin. Anyone want to take a look into to the coding to see what's behind the emergency rescue lag?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                      I've always thought there was a minimum time your 'targets' that you revived had to stay alive for the pin. Anyone want to take a look into to the coding to see what's behind the emergency rescue lag?
                      I've also been curious to test if that pin is accurate. Sometimes i play medic all round and rack up about 40 teamwork points, mostly by reviving and i only get 2 rescue pins. I find it hard to believe that out of those 40 points 24 weren't from revives. The most rescue pins i've gotten in 1 round is 4 :yay:

Comment

bf2142 is lag

Comment

Working...
                        X