Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have F.E.A.R. 2? Is it worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have F.E.A.R. 2? Is it worth buying?

I was looking at getting this as i had the first one on my PC.

however my PC has surround sound and i played it at night so it was kinda dark, and it SCARED THE CR*P OUTTA ME! :L

so yeah, is it any good?

Re: Does anybody have F.E.A.R. 2? Is it worth buying?

Read the TGN review.
    Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

WOW, there are reviews of everything here!

Comment

Originally posted by [25H]V|Unt.recoNN' View Post
        WOW, there are reviews of everything here!
        Don't you tourney people ever read the damn news?

Comment

haha lol, nope :P

Comment

recon rarely reads :0

Comment

I've been so temtped to pick this up, but I should really finish the first one before I do :awes

Comment

Originally posted by Pieman'
                recon rarely reads :0
                i can just sense a bit of jealousy about me being able to read :P

Comment

There is a demo for it on the PSN btw...

Comment

hmm.. i'll have a butch

does anybody know how i can find out the WPA Key for my wireless? because i'm trying to set up my PS3 online, but i think it's failing because i'm getting this wrong..

otherwise i have to have an ugly cable along my skirting board.
                    can you get an ethernet cable that isn't blue?

ps. what does WPA even mean?

Comment

Originally posted by [25H]V|Fwb.Recon
                      hmm.. i'll have a butch

does anybody know how i can find out the WPA Key for my wireless? because i'm trying to set up my PS3 online, but i think it's failing because i'm getting this wrong..

otherwise i have to have an ugly cable along my skirting board.
                      can you get an ethernet cable that isn't blue?

ps. what does WPA even mean?
                      #1- It would depend on the router. I have a Belkin F5D8230-4 Pre-N and my WPA set up is under Security.

#2- Category 5 comes in many colors. Grey or blue are the more popular. If you have carpet you could always push the cable under the skirting board.

#3- WPA = Wireless Protected Access.

Comment

Originally posted by ItazuraStrikesAgain!
                        #1- It would depend on the router. I have a Belkin F5D8230-4 Pre-N and my WPA set up is under Security.
                        Whereabouts is security? i'll have a look to see if i have a similar 'file'.

Originally posted by ItazuraStrikesAgain!
                        #3- WPA = Wireless Protected Access.
                        so is this like, the password to the wireless?

Comment

Originally posted by [25H]V|Fwb.Recon[NPA]
                          Whereabouts is security? i'll have a look to see if i have a similar 'file'.

so is this like, the password to the wireless?
                          1) What type of router do you have? If you give me the make/model I can probably find it.

2) Basically, yes. If you have WPA enabled then the wireless network has an encryption that can only be deciphered if your computer has the proper encryption key (password).

Comment

i have a D-Link DIR-635 router (Wireless-N) and it's a Cable/DSL one in case you need to know
                            thanks mate

Comment

I found the Manual for this product here. This should be for the English version (I went looking for that particular version since your region is set to England).

Pages 60-67 address wireless security settings. Page 66 tells you how to configure the WPA for your router.

This file is a PDF. I had to download this file onto my computer in order to get it to open for some reason (this may be because of my web browser). Anyway, I would suggest downloading the manual just to have it available at any time.

Long and the short of it the manual advises that you do the following:
                              Configure WPA-Personal (PSK)

It is recommended to enable encryption on your wireless router before your wireless network adapters. Please establish wireless connectivity before enabling encryption. Your wireless signal may degrade when enabling encryption due to the added overhead.

1. Log into the web-based configuration by opening a web browser and entering the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1). Click on Setup and then click Wireless Settings on the left side.
                              2. Next to Security Mode, select WPA-Personal.
                              3. Next to WPA Mode, select WPA, WPA2, or WPA2 Only. Use WPA2 if you have wireless clients using both WPA and WPA2.
                              4. Next to Cipher Mode, select TKIP, AES, or Auto.
                              5. Next to Group Key Update Interval, enter the amount of time before the group key used for broadcast and multicast data is changed (3600 is default).
                              6. Next to Pre-Shared Key, enter a key (passphrase). The key is entered as a pass-phrase in ASCII format at both ends of the wireless connection. The pass-phrase must be between 8-63 characters.
                              7. Click Save Settings to save your settings. If you are configuring the router with a wireless adapter, you will lose connectivity until you enable WPA-PSK on your adapter and enter the same passphrase as you did on the router.

Comment

Working...
                              X