New monitor: no BF2142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New monitor: no BF2142

Hi Ive just purched a brand new monitor (viewsonic, 18000:1, 1,5/Ms, Full HD)
    Every time I try to run BF the screen gose black if like it was gonna load but suddenly gose back to Windows XP desktop, and then nothing... any help anyone? thanks.

Re: New monitor: no BF2142

Try running bf2142 with the default command line
    "Installationpath\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142Launcher.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

Comment

Basically your new monitor is running a different refresh rate than your old one and bf2 doesn't like unexpected changes like that.
      Using notepad, open all video.con files you can find in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\default, 0001, 0002, etc and change the resolution and refresh rate line to whatever your monitor is running at, or change it to 800x600@60Hz, then adjust it ingame, then it should work.

Comment

Ok, thanks guys ill try it tonight and tell you how it went tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Natt View Post
          Basically your new monitor is running a different refresh rate than your old one and bf2 doesn't like unexpected changes like that.
          Using notepad, open all video.con files you can find in My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\default, 0001, 0002, etc and change the resolution and refresh rate line to whatever your monitor is running at, or change it to 800x600@60Hz, then adjust it ingame, then it should work.
          Or.... more simply... delete video.con files and let 2142 generate new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn View Post
            Or.... more simply... delete video.con files and let 2142 generate new ones.
            Yeah that could of been even more faster but I changed the res manually to 800x600@60Hz, then I adjusted it ingame like natt said.

Only able to run max res up to 1400x1xxx at 60hz, prolly my FX card (8600gt, MSI Nvidia)

Iam not really convinced about my new lcd... maybe ill stick with my old CTR... or do you guys have suggestions of marks about good gaming lcd's?

Comment

first off...go to the viewsonic site and download the lastest driver/color files for you new montor(you haevent told us the model you bought...bad boy...spank)...I am ASSUMING it is a widescreen by the contrast ratio.

INstall the new monitor color file drivers.......then go to display on control panel....and set your monitor up there.....refresh rates...etc...

then....you'll have to change the target line in properties for the game....right click on the icon on desktop for the game and choose Properties......look for the target line and clear out the whole line....then add these to it....depending how good your monitor can produce high end resolutions....I am also assuming it can reach full HD resolutions....then copy this new target line into the blank target

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

the 1680 and the 1050 are the numbers for your basic widescreen resolution.....theres higher ones to use than that but I have no idea what your monitor can produce resolution wise.To find that out you can try new ones from the DISPLAY panel settings in Control Panel....hope this helps you out

By the way...BF2142 just rocks on widescreen

Once you get this setup...start the game and change your in game options in Display.....pretty simple......also you may have to go get the latest Nvidia drivers as well .

Comment

so yeah i have the same problem

ok wtf i got this big big ''26 monitor (generic pnp monitor) and i cant run bf2142 it gives me that stupid "this program has stopped working" message ive tried running the game with the widescreen +1, i tried going into the documents and changing the resolution and refresh rate, i tried this widescreen fix thing but none of it works...

Comment

Have you tried deleting your video.con? Or even tried deleting your battlefield2142 directory from my documents?

Comment

Originally posted by Field
                    so yeah i have the same problem

ok wtf i got this big big ''26 monitor (generic pnp monitor) and i cant run bf2142 it gives me that stupid "this program has stopped working" message ive tried running the game with the widescreen +1, i tried going into the documents and changing the resolution and refresh rate, i tried this widescreen fix thing but none of it works...
                    Yo that was in my treath few weaks ago (vista owning me), ive searched on google but nothing seemed to really work, tried to reinstall the game but with no success, i had to reformat my hard drive. I took the time to reformat my HD since I just installed vista. Now works good.

Comment

Working...
                    X