Sentry Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentry Guns

So I have to say that I've been looking forward to the sentry gun unlock for some time now. I finally got it a few days ago and man am I dissapointed.

Now I realize that they can't be ultra death dealing machines due to balance issues, but they don't seem to be able to kill anything. It seems that they do very little damage per shot and have fairly poor accuracy. They also seem to have very poor target recognition.

Does anyone have the specifics on the weapons system - range, damage, accuracy, etc.

Just curious.

Re: Sentry Guns

I use the sentry gun in 2 different ways.

1. Try to find a spot where it will cover a known route or defend a flag, where it will go unnoticed until the enemy passes. It's a lot more effective when shooting people in the back.

2. Decoy mode. Place it in a location that's obvious and then get into a position where you can take down soldiers that have to pause and deal with it before moving on. This works really well in combination with the IDS. You're not trying to get kills with the sentry, just putting the enemy in a vulnerable position where you can take them out with your primary weapon.

Comment

If the enemy is storming our flag, I usually put up a sentry gun in the corner. It's not something that will kill everyone in sight, more like a little help and weakens enemies.

Its uses are limited but you can be surprised at how effective it can be sometimes.

Comment

Another thing that I see done by one of my friends who racks up the kills with a sentry, is to place it on top of a crate/box so it is at head level. It will end up notching head-shots instead of body-shots which will drop a guy much faster.

If you are playing with/against someone that seems to be getting a lot of kills with the sentry, download the Battle Recorder and watch where they place their sentry guns.

Comment

I like the crate/headshot idea. Will have to try that one.

Comment

They're also quite effective when you walk straight into one under the impression that it's one of your own, only to discover too late that it's the enemy's! Wish that damned red icon appeared more promptly!

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
              They're also quite effective when you walk straight into one under the impression that it's one of your own, only to discover too late that it's the enemy's! Wish that damned red icon appeared more promptly!
              This is especially true when they don't fire at you right away and you think you are safe.

Comment

yeah you really shouldnt rely on the sentry gun as an actual means of getting kills like other people said its more of an early warning system/distraction that makes enemies more vulerable. Now the IDS radar, THAT is the most valuable unlock for support by far.

Comment

You can get plenty kills with it. Once I placed one sentry gun on the Titan and it killed 7 guys before dying.

You just have to know when to use it.

Oh, and try to support it instead of leaving it alone.

Comment

has anyone actually had the sentry gun as thier best weapon in the debreifing of a round?

Comment

Recently I died three separate times in one round to three separate sentry guns. Boy was my face red.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                        has anyone actually had the sentry gun as thier best weapon in the debreifing of a round?
                        Few times, it happens when i join a round that is about to end and the only kills i get are from a sentry. The most sentry kills i've gotten in 1 round, is 8:yay:

Comment

I once got a CE pin at the beginning of a round from my sentry killing four people in a row. At Harbour on Gib I placed one inside the western building, killed one guy with my Bitchy LMG, then went on with my squad to chase down the car that got by to Toll, and as I'm walking to the flag I start seeing kills rack up and finally a CE pin appears. I lol'd.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                            I once got a CE pin at the beginning of a round from my sentry killing four people in a row. At Harbour on Gib I placed one inside the western building, killed one guy with my Bitchy LMG, then went on with my squad to chase down the car that got by to Toll, and as I'm walking to the flag I start seeing kills rack up and finally a CE pin appears. I lol'd.
                            Then the server crashed :nod:

Comment

Working...
                            X