HAWX PC demo (and screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWX PC demo (and screenshots)

The only things I like are the better graphics from the first flight combat game I've played before (USNF 97) and the mouse control arrows (note the arrow in screenshot 3, it tells you where your mouse is pointing and how far).

Everything else, I'm pretty disappointed. In flight assistance off mode, you switch to 3rd person with your camera facing the enemy with you in between. It switches to simple "left-right-up-down" controls for the plane, press left arrow and your plane turns left, etc., and the nose of your plane doesn't actually line up with the camera. I can't see how anyone could find that enjoyable.

And some of the things I didn't really like but weren't game killers were the missile reloading system (your plane carries a hundred missiles but they have to recharge), and the XP system, which I generally dislike in games anyway.

Re: HAWX PC demo (and screenshots)

I kind of liked it but the pc version is simply a port from the console versions. IMO the game was made for console joysticks. I had my Xbox360 controller plugged into my computer and even the in game menus were set up for the xbox controller.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
      I kind of liked it but the pc version is simply a port from the console versions. IMO the game was made for console joysticks. I had my Xbox360 controller plugged into my computer and even the in game menus were set up for the xbox controller.
      It's a flight game they are made for controllers and joysticks.

Comment

I might pick it up after RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
          It's a flight game they are made for controllers and joysticks.
          Flight games are still playable using the arrow keys/mouse as the stick, but it's evident that the menus were ported from the consoles.

I do like how they show the key icons next to some of the important functions like map and flares, so you don't have to memorize everything at first.

Comment

I highly deslike the 3rd person thing, played a few minutes, where is my cockpit view :rawr

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan
              I highly deslike the 3rd person thing, played a few minutes, where is my cockpit view :rawr
              It's available in the options but apparently "unassisted high performance mode" means going to 3rd person and simplifying maneuvers to up, down, left, and right. And you don't even get the pitch ladder in cockpit view. (ohno)

Comment

first go I managed to do the air break maneuver and have masted it

Comment

I think it's fun, but hard to master the controls. You really need a joystick for 1st person view, but i think 3rd person is useful.

Comment

I tried it last night, not bad actually reminds me of the good old days with Ace Combat! I might pick it up for PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                      I tried it last night, not bad actually reminds me of the good old days with Ace Combat! I might pick it up for PC.
                      Heh, you buy so many games, you should forward them to me when you're finished

Comment

I'm going to find my joystick and try again

Comment

Well if its lik Ace Combat i may like this,but i would only play cockpit view:thumbsup:

It does look perty,is there many planes/jets or missions/maps?

any ground targets?

Comment

There are plenty of ground targets. Tanks, AA, landing craft etc...

Comment

I played it on the playstation, disliked having tanks that were ALWAYS in between the stupidest buildings. I also disliked the 3rd person. Even with the analogue stick, the plane wouldn't roll.

Eg. you try to barrel roll, so you flick the stick and hold it. No roll, just a 90% banked turn. MORE MANEUVERABLE MODE MY A**

Although doing backflips to get behind the guy on your tail is ace

Comment

Working...
                              X