Could BC 2 be the next battlefield 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could BC 2 be the next battlefield 3?

I ask and remember this is just discussion. I do not know if the frostbite engine can handle 64 players. I do not know what DICE has planned with this game on the PC. But is it even remotely possible this could be the next battlefield 3 so many want? What if they added 48 or 64 players, with destructible enviroments, jets, vehicles and multiple classes including a true medic with a revive tool set in modern warfare, how would look at the game then?

Re: Could BC 2 be the next battlefield 3?

it could be

Comment

I think if people can settle with 32-48 players, it could very well be BF3, but most likely it's going to be... well... Battlefield Bad Company 2

Comment

Dice claims that 64 player servers are always empty or half full. But they seem more popular than any other map type. There is a reason why people like playing BF on large maps with high player counts. I like BF2's 16 player maps. But big maps are one of the great aspects of the series and they might be removed to accomadate a destructible game engine. I really hate how Dice is trying to sell this limitation as an improvement. No need to insult our intelligence. They should be honest with us.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD View Post
          Dice claims that 64 player servers are always empty or half full. But they seem more popular than any other map type. There is a reason why people like playing BF on large maps with high player counts. I like BF2's 16 player maps. But big maps are one of the great aspects of the series and they might be removed to accomadate a destructible game engine. I really hate how Dice is trying to sell this limitation as an improvement. No need to insult our intelligence. They should be honest with us.
          Um, no. There are already large maps on the frostbite engine from BF:BC. I always thought 24 players was too small an amount for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD View Post
            I don't think 64 player servers on the whole, are more popular. It seems that between 32-40 is the sweet spot and it seems the Battlefield 2 maps run best with that amount (with the exception of Kubra)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
              I don't think 64 player servers on the whole, are more popular. It seems that between 32-40 is the sweet spot and it seems the Battlefield 2 maps run best with that amount (with the exception of Kubra)
              ok... why does that matter? Higher player limits gives more options for people. It's as simple as that. You can still play 32 slot servers in BF2, can't you? So what's the problem? Having the limit as 32 limits options since the maps will be made around the 32 limit and raising the player limit on smaller maps will give you... well just look at CoD4 on the PC for that answer. Larger maps that can support 64 players, for example, can easily be made with reduced boundaries (just like in BF2) to accomodate smaller servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                ok... why does that matter? Higher player limits gives more options for people. It's as simple as that. You can still play 32 slot servers in BF2, can't you? So what's the problem? Having the limit as 32 limits options since the maps will be made around the 32 limit and raising the player limit on smaller maps will give you... well just look at CoD4 on the PC for that answer. Larger maps that can support 64 players, for example, can easily be made with reduced boundaries (just like in BF2) to accomodate smaller servers.
                I didn't say they couldn't... i just said 32-40 player servers tend to be more popular, that is all. No idea what you're going on about.

Comment

When Battlefield 3 comes out it will probably be called Battlefield 3 if it is in production and be for PC and build(add) to what was available in BF1942 and BF2 built for large player battles and be for the BF1942, BF2, BF2142 players (hardcore and regular players).

While the BFBCX and BF1943 is for the casual player that doesn't worry much about tactics, making sure they are not running out of ammo or using that much teamplay unless necessary.

Comment

BC2 is most definatley NOT the Battlefield 3 you guys are hoping for, think of it as Battlefield 2 being Halo 3 and BC2 being Halo Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                      I didn't say they couldn't... i just said 32-40 player servers tend to be more popular, that is all. No idea what you're going on about.
                      But why does it even matter?

Comment

Dice claims that 64 player servers are always empty or half full. But they seem more popular than any other map type.
                        @Tomeis - Was merely a response to that quote...

Comment

Well my point is still valid. Higher player limit = more people happy

Comment

Game Monitor shows the 64 player maps are being used the most. About 10 to 1 over the 32 player maps. But their current average player count is 36.5.

There are more full 64 player servers than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD
                              Game Monitor shows the 64 player maps are being used the most. About 10 to 1 over the 32 player maps. But their current average player count is 36.5.

There are more full 64 player servers than anything else.
                              Where do you find that? I can only find the info for the most played map size.

Comment

Working...
                              X