New Gunship Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gunship Video

Threw together a gunship dogfight video, nothing incredible but I hope you enjoy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vn2J-H5Fys[/media]

Re: New Gunship Video

that was fun to watch, really graceful

Comment

that's not fair, gunship moving like that! i hope i never have to dogfight you.

Comment

that was a amazing video. if i try to do dogfights i just die under 30 seconds and you vs 2 guys kill them both.

Comment

yeah especially doragon up against talon is usually quick death for doragon.

Comment

how do you get your gunship to not plummet down when switching to TVs?

Comment

probably just knows where its going to be in a certain amount of time and then also if he fires a missle and knows its going to hit the target he can switch back and keep from crashing while his missle blows his target up

Comment

Great vid, I'll never be able to fly like that! I'll stick to shooting down gunships with my pilum.
                One question though -- do you use a DPI-variable mouse for those TV missiles? On the rare occasions I do find myself in the gunship I can barely hit the side of a barn with the normal mouse sensitivity settings. I finally did buy a mouse with this option but I am still practicing and I have yet to actually try it with the gunship.

Comment

eh why do these great pilots never share some tips? i still don't get how he pulls off some of those maneuvers where he hovers upright.

Comment

people dont share tips because they are selfish and want to remain on top while limiting the overall gameplay and competition developement of the said game.

because "oooh, if he knew THAT i might only win HALF the time instead of 3/4 the time"

im nawt saying this is what falcon is doing im just sayin alot of people WILL do this

Comment

yeah but just posting a video here and doing a "hey look at my kickass vid" and disappearing, is just meh to me. the game is old now and the competition isn't as fierce so why not share some tips? of course he doesn't have to though, especially publicly.

Comment

what i want to know is how he gets such good hit reg with the doragon?

Comment

Either I'm a selfish punk or I just haven't come back into this forum in a long time, I guess you can pick.

I use a DeathAdder so no on the fly sensitivity for me, I just adjusted my land vehicle sensitivity (that's the sensitivity that controls the TV) about a year and a half ago to a point where I'm comfortable.

As far as not crashing it's all about positioning the gunship before you TV and obviously practicing the shots to know how much time you have. I still screw it up on Pac sometimes, that gunship loves to friggen roll on you when you solo. Have your gunship as level as possible horizontally when you fire the tv so it hopefully doesn't roll while you're shooting.

Missile tracking on Pac is a tough thing to fully explain since there are so many variables. The best advice I can give on that subject is don't shoot your rockets directly at the talon, usually lol. There are situations where you'll get so close that you have to just aim right at the talon and pray they work, but normally you want to lead the target when he's crossing you and when you're in a spinning fight you want to intentionally miss the target so they can track into the talon. There are so many different angles and crap that it's impossible for me to say exactly where you should aim your rockets against a talon but the general concept is intentionally miss (not by too much then they won't pick up the target).

Comment

Originally posted by CTFalcon
                            I use a DeathAdder).
                            hey meee 2, i love that mouse

i think the 2 side buttons are almost perfect size for quickly pressing with your thumb but if i was to change anything it would probably be the mousewheel cause its kind of too fat and i hold the mouse kind of crooked alot of the time and i press the mousewheel on accident sometimes

Comment

Yeah having buttons on the mouse is very convenient

Comment

Working...
                              X