BF2 Complete Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Complete Collection

I'm still running on my original install of BF2 from June '05 w/ Special Forces.

I've been thinking a fresh install is long overdue and would like to get the CC, but have a few questions:

1) Is there a way for me to back up all of my current settings for BF2 (graphics, key assignments, audio, etc) so that I don't have to redo them all?

2) Wake Island and Highway Tampa come with the collection, right?

3) Any need to patch to 1.41 after install or will it be fully updated out of the box?

Thanks..

Re: BF2 Complete Collection

Originally posted by zone36 View Post
    I'm still running on my original install of BF2 from June '05 w/ Special Forces.

I've been thinking a fresh install is long overdue and would like to get the CC, but have a few questions:

1) Is there a way for me to back up all of my current settings for BF2 (graphics, key assignments, audio, etc) so that I don't have to redo them all?

2) Wake Island and Highway Tampa come with the collection, right?

3) Any need to patch to 1.41 after install or will it be fully updated out of the box?

Thanks..
    1) Save your profiles folder located in My Documents

2) Wake Island is a standard BF2 map. If you mean wake island airshow, then no, you must download that. Same with Highway Tampa, must be downloaded.

3) Yes you will need to patch after install.

Comment

Originally posted by [3MIB]1FD|WO1.HIVictim
      2) Wake Island is a standard BF2 map. If you mean wake island airshow, then no, you must download that. Same with Highway Tampa, must be downloaded.
      Neither map is 'standard' if you mean included in the original game. Wake was added in patch 1.03, Jalalabad was added in 1.40, and Tampa was released after patch 1.41 . BF2 Complete should come patched to at least 1.2 since that is required for EF and it may include 1.41 too but probably not Tampa.
      If all the games have their own installers you'll certainly need to patch since SF will patch to v1.10 even if you had a higher patch installed.

Comment

I got bf2 5 title pack last month for about $30, it comes with SF,Tampa,Euro,and the other one i cant remember lol.

Its 1.41 version straight out of the box and even auto 1.41 patches after add ons.

Basiaclly it installed it all with one button.I did watch the add on content bieng installed but havent used it yet

Comment

If you have SF backed up and your BF2 disc and cd-key, I wouldn't bother buying the CC, the extra booster maps aren't worth it.

Comment

I don't agree that the extra booster maps aren't worth it... Operation Road Rage, Operation Harvest, Great Wall and Taraba Quarry are well worth it for me. But, that's for SP/Coop play, not MP.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
              I don't agree that the extra booster maps aren't worth it... Operation Road Rage, Operation Harvest, Great Wall and Taraba Quarry are well worth it for me. But, that's for SP/Coop play, not MP.
              I find them pretty good in MP too, including Operation Smoke Screen (when I can find a EF server). The only one of the six I really don't care for is Midnight Sun.

Comment

Working...
              X