Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused installing Complete Collection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused installing Complete Collection.

Sorry for yet another thread.

My order came today, the Battlefield 2 Complete Collection, and I just ran the installer. It installed Battlefield 2, but not special forces as far as I can see, as I only have the BF2 icons on my desktop and start menu, and not the green Special Forces icons. It also only asked for my BF2 CD key, and none of the expansion keys.

Any ideas.. ?

edit; Should mention, it's a single disc.

further edit; LEARN TO READ THE MANUAL CHRIS. /headdesk. Mods can delete this.

Re: Confused installing Complete Collection.

Strangely enough, I had this same problem. I had to start the install over again to get SF to install.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
      Strangely enough, I had this same problem. I had to start the install over again to get SF to install.
      Yeah it told me to do that in the manual. You'd think I would read that before posting here wouldn't you.. silly me :3

Comment

Did you restart after installing vanilla BF2? This would probably be why, you need to click Continue without Restarting, then the installer will continue.

Problem with the complete collection is that I cannot get AF and EU to work on my copy, the EA registration for them says that my copy is already in use, which is funny since I bought it right from them. Their tech support doesn't exist so I am SOL i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by [3MIB]1FD|WO1.HIVictim View Post
          Did you restart after installing vanilla BF2? This would probably be why, you need to click Continue without Restarting, then the installer will continue.

Problem with the complete collection is that I cannot get AF and EU to work on my copy, the EA registration for them says that my copy is already in use, which is funny since I bought it right from them. Their tech support doesn't exist so I am SOL i guess.
          I had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me. Would not recognise my code. I tried loads of different ways and in the end it still didn't list the two boosters under "My Games". After around 2 hours I gave up and went on BF2, and the EF/AF maps are no longer shaded red, so I assume I can play them :S

Comment

Originally posted by tehbarra View Post
            I had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me. Would not recognise my code. I tried loads of different ways and in the end it still didn't list the two boosters under "My Games". After around 2 hours I gave up and went on BF2, and the EF/AF maps are no longer shaded red, so I assume I can play them :S
            They wont show up in your My Games... You have to register them on EA's website and link them to your account, it didn't work for me tho.

Comment

My game quit working yesterday. Sigh.

So, I hunkered down for a reinstall... it still doesn't work and I've reinstalled everything twice. EA really needs to simplify this install+patch+install+patch... process because it is lame.

I have just moved from McAffee Security Center to AVG antivirus + Comodo firewall. Anyone know of a problem with those?

Comment

yup AVG causes havoc with steam, you could replace "McAffee Security Center to AVG antivirus + Comodo firewall" with 1 product, check the ratings (90 day trial).

Comment

I'm back from uninstalling AVG and it appeared to be the culprit. I've been using Norton/Symantec tools for such a long time... I'm looking around to see what else is out there in the public domain.

ON TOPIC
                  Well, my Battlefield 2 Complete Collection is running again =) Time for some AIX.

Comment

Sonic, I use Avast Professional. Have it on all 6 PC's in the household and all of my families PC's, if you want a cdKey, let me know. It is only a phone call away.

Comment

Thanks for the generous offer, but I feel I must decline. I'm going to DL the free client and giver 'er a go. Thanks for the recommend. :salute:

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X