BF2 crashin after only a few minutes HELP PLZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 crashin after only a few minutes HELP PLZ

So i have gone to many websites found many answers to many problems, but this one has me stuck. Im runnin windows vista 32 bit, i am patched up to 1.41 full and i have downloaded highway tampa. i fixed all my PB problems but when i go to log onto to server after being in it for only a couple of minutes at best i crash back to desktop. im runnin radeon gphx card and i meet the min requirements i ran bf2 on this gear before i updated to vista. plz plz help anything is useful i need to get back into the fray soon or i will go nuts

Re: BF2 crashin after only a few minutes HELP PLZ

Punkbuster would be my first guess, but if you have updated it and allowed it through your firewall, it might be something else.
    Right click on the bf2 shortcut, select properties and change +fullscreen 1 to +fullscreen 0 in the Target box, this will run the game in debug mode and you should get an error message when it crashes.

Comment

Re: BF2 crashin after only a few minutes HELP PLZ

Originally posted by Natt View Post
      Punkbuster would be my first guess, but if you have updated it and allowed it through your firewall, it might be something else.
      Right click on the bf2 shortcut, select properties and change +fullscreen 1 to +fullscreen 0 in the Target box, this will run the game in debug mode and you should get an error message when it crashes.
      Follow Natt's solution its usually a good method to locate problems :thumbsup:

I had that problem before, BF2 is a seriously touchy beetch when it comes to graphics which are the general cause of most crashes, it was for me.

My solution was, upgrade my RAM & Graphics card, i had a Graphics Card capeable of running the game on high quality yet BF2 threw a hissy fit at it, so i had to change cards. I ran an ATI Radeon card and had all kinds of problems, i changed to an Nvidia and have had no problems, could be due to the fact the BF2 engine was designed with Nvidia graphics cards.

But thats not to say Radeon cards wont work, i know lots of players with Radeons it was only in my case, but you do get these rare cases of random crashes for no reason, that was my solution.

Now you said you have a card capeable of minimum requirements, thats also a hissy fit problem for BF2 as it takes crap loads of CPU space, RAM and def graphics to run.

Tell us your full specifications of your machine & i can look further into it, i have no details so i can't give you decent support.

:thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
      X