X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor in this game must use New Math

AV weapon to back of tank = 98 damage.
    Tank round to back of tank = 98 damage.
    Machinegun from top of tank to back of tank = 0 damage.
    AV weapon to gunship = 90 damage.
    Tank round to gunship = 90 damage.
    Machinegun from top of tank to gunship = 2 damage (or something)

So a tank's armour in the back is so weak that an AV weapon will essentially OHK it, but the gunship's armour is evidently stronger than that of the back of a tank (for that matter so is an FAV since they're not OHKed by a tank round or AV missile). Yet, a gunship can be damaged by the gunfire from the F2 position on the gunship or the top turret in a tank, and the back of the tank cannot be. WTF?

Now you have the mech AA and Rorsch AA which chew through aircraft like crazy, but can't damage tanks ANYWHERE. An AV weapon that OHKs a tank in the back brings a gunship down to only 10 health.

Now how about how 4 PK rockets is enough to completely destroy a Rorsch AA emplacement, but a direct tank round will only make it smoke. Yet PK rockets do only, what, 2 damage each to a tank?

Not that I'd want AA or PK rockets or tank MGs to damage other tanks (I'm a tank whore and staying alive can be hard enough as it already is...damn Pilum whores ), but it just got me thinking. If ever I'm lucky enough to hit a gunship with my tank and have it reg only to see the two occupants bail out (and have some other toad on my team vulture mah killz! :rawr ) it makes me wonder why they made gunships with better armour than the back of a tank.

Re: Armor in this game must use New Math

it's all just for balance of the game.

Comment

I always got OHKs on gunships from a tank? Though I will admit they were in the air so they might have already taken damage.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes it knocks them out, but my luck dictates that any enemy vehicle I encounter must be at full health so most of the time I just make it start burning. Granted, it's as good as dead since unlike an FAV (which also goes to burning when struck with a tank shell for some reason) there's no way to quickly repair it, so the occupants can either die or bail out.

Comment

wtf how does rock beat scissors but not paper when even scissors can beat paper?

WHAT IS GOING ON I DON'T EVEN

Comment

There's one thing that leaves me wondering after all this playtime...

When I Pilum a jeep, I take it down to within an inch of its life.

If someone Pilums my jeep, he gets a OHK even though I was at full health. o_O

Comment

I think if you hit inside the cabin it may kill it in one hit, not sure though (that will almost certainly kill the passengers if nothing else). It's the back part that's more armoured. Basically they should armour the back of their tanks the way they armour the back of the FAVs.

Comment

i think it would have been better if they armored the back of the tank like they armored the side of the tank

and then rorches wouldnt be able to get exploded by pks if there were no pks to begin with

Comment

I wonder who came up with the wonderful idea of pks? Quick, field pull out that pic you always post of the "special" kid.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty View Post
                    I think if you hit inside the cabin it may kill it in one hit, not sure though (that will almost certainly kill the passengers if nothing else). It's the back part that's more armoured. Basically they should armour the back of their tanks the way they armour the back of the FAVs.
                    I usually shoot the sides or back of the jeep to blow it away.

Comment

where are the best parts to hit a tank walker and jeep?

Comment

also BS is how FAV and APC's bullets do no damage to gunships. imo they should do some damage, even if it's small.

Comment

I agree, and I also think it should be the opposite. exp GS should take 98 and tank get 90 in the back since its more annoying to be a whore in a gunship. God i hate them but in the other way I love giving them a hard time with my hover tank or sudnik.

Comment

yeah i kind of think the gunship should be instakilled by any type of AV weapon if it gets hit because really the best defense for a gunship is its speed manuverability like the fav

Comment

Working...
                            X