Engineers should get more points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineers should get more points

The engineers a great class, totally fearless - disarming mines and claymores. Saving lives in the process and risking death! What does he get in return, a big fat ZERO.

Surely the Engineers should get a point for DANGER UXB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod:

Re: Engineers should get more points

The ability to make a tank last forever is reward enough, I'd say. I've actually run out of ammo for a tank on a handful of occasions because I was able to keep the thing repaired and alive long enough (granted this was on Songhua or else I'd have been smoked by an aircraft long before that).

Comment

I think the class is fine... if only people would stand still with their stupid vehicles so they would let me repair it (I'm a ground pounder)

It's an extremely powerful close quarters class and it's great for whoring Karkand. If DICE gave the engineer class a medpack with 1.50, it would be a completely overpowered combo

Comment

Repair points are very few and far between. I have repaired all 3 pieces of Artillery and the UAV trailer only to be awarded 1 single point at times. That 2-3 minutes of work helped the commander and teammates greatly yet only yields 1 point? Seems a bit pointless at times.

Comment

Originally posted by [3MIB]1FD|WO1.HIVictim View Post
          Repair points are very few and far between. I have repaired all 3 pieces of Artillery and the UAV trailer only to be awarded 1 single point at times. That 2-3 minutes of work helped the commander and teammates greatly yet only yields 1 point? Seems a bit pointless at times.
          I guess it's pointless if you're only in it for the points, right?

Comment

yea engineers don't play for points. they play to help their team win.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
              yea engineers don't play for points. they play to help their team win.
              And they should be rewarded more for it.

My most played kit is Engy and it is a pain in the but getting so little points for spending a good 30 or more repairing an asset and getting hardly anything for it, this makes the kit less popular as you are going to get more points with medic and thus means people in tanks, team assets and other stuff dont get repaired as often as they should and this can cause the team the round.

Comment

Repairing stuff is like trying to get heal points with the medic kit, and both are difficult.

It's not how many objects you repair, it's how much armour you rep. So if you're only repairing 3-7 bars per object, you're prolly not going to earn ne repair points unless you rep'd something prior to that.

Nonetheless, rep points are extremely hard to come by for me, but at the same time so is the EXPERT armour badge.

And ya thats a great idea, extra teamwork points for removing clays/at mines. Heck, you should get the claymore if you remove it! Speaking of which it's too bad you can't pick up what you dropped (spec ops/sniper), should fix that too.

oo the list never ends on improvements for bf2 ahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
                  And ya thats a great idea, extra teamwork points for removing clays/at mines. Heck, you should get the claymore if you remove it! Speaking of which it's too bad you can't pick up what you dropped (spec ops/sniper), should fix that too.

oo the list never ends on improvements for bf2 ahahaha
                  That's some great idea's. BF2 is dead however in Dice/EA's eyes. The community is almost gone compared to a year ago, and is a fraction of the size from 2 years ago.

Perhaps these could end up in BF3, if it ever actually gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by [3MIB]1FD|WO1.HIVictim View Post
                    That's some great idea's. BF2 is dead however in Dice/EA's eyes. The community is almost gone compared to a year ago, and is a fraction of the size from 2 years ago.

Perhaps these could end up in BF3, if it ever actually gets made.
                    Its not dead 1.5 is in the pipe line, also around 20,000 odd players is not dead.

Comment

With all the stat hungry players there are in BF2 it would do the rest of us.... well me.. a favour if they implemented a point system for the engineers deeds so more people would use the class.

Comment

Working...
                      X