• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knife/pistol badge tips?

does anyone have some tips for getting these badges

Re: knife/pistol badge tips?

Play medic for both for health packs.

Pistol is easy treate it like a normal gun. Prone, use iron sight mid range. Just click the mouse as fast as possible, whilst compensatin for recoil. I believe pistol to be more accurate than a AK47. Target stationary targets. Aim for the head with this gun if the target is stationary.

The MEC pistol (i think), the one with a sort of V ironsight. This gun shoots the bullet about 2mm above the ironsight. So make sure to aim the gun slightly below your target with this gun.

With knife it is a little more difficult. Here are some good tips
    - Players have like a 90degrees visions like a V shape. So if you stay to someones side, at 90degrees from their front they cannot see you. So if you follow a guy run either from the side or behind him to get close for knife.
    -Aim for the back or legs. This is because hitboxes lag behind a player so aiming for the back gives you a good hitbox.
    -The knife animation is delayed in comparison to the strike. As soon as you click the mouse button, the knife strikes. The animation comes later than the strike and so often gets a lot of smoke.
    -Try and get people as they revive their teammates. Wait for the medic to revive then knife him then the other guy. Crouch is probily best for it does give you more maneuvability.

Also for both of these, patience is useful. Dont just run in constantly, running at a guy with a pistol or knife will often get you slaughtered. Take your time.

Hope this helps

Comment

64 player Sharqui should be your best bet in terms of map. There are lots of buildings to use as a height advantage and flank enemies and most of the map is in a confined area.

One of the key things to getting the knife badge is to not entirely limit yourself to the knife. If an enemy spots you and you are not in a good position to get a knife on them, go ahead and switch to your rifle. It frees up another 15 seconds (assuming you get the kill) and helps you keep your position behind enemy lines.

Comment

Not sure if this glitch of sorts still works... but go play a 64 player infantry warlord, lay claymores in the palace, switch to your knife and slice midair, stay with your knife drawn and run away and hide. Because the knife is your active weapon and your last weapon used you will get knife kills if someone steps on your claymores.

Comment

Play a larger map than there are player slots, this will give you more time, in some cases hours, to get the kills.
          eg 64map with 16 slots, although I got mine on a karkhand 32map with 20 slots.

Comment

I got both of my pistol and knife badges on 64 Karky, i just charged in with a knife and hoped to be quicker than the enemy.
            With pistol just sat mid range and picked off people.

Comment

I got mine on a sniper only server :laugh:

Comment

I can reccomend Ghost town for both. Tiny map... pick it when theres say 10-16 per side indtead of full. Plenty of places to jump down from rooves etc. Also play a sniper.. leave claymores about so if you have a bad time of it you will probably get a kill now and then so your death streak doesn't skyrocket. Also pop them one with a sniper rifle then switch to pistol to finish them off.
                Knife badge is easy peasy once you get the initial kills. it's just patience.

Comment

These are good tips. I'd add one - stay calm. A lot of guys miss opportunities for knife and pistol kills because they get hyped up and just blast away with their primary weapon when they are in an ideal situation to draw knife/pistol and get the kill. Coming upon a prone sniper from behind is a perfect example.

Also, you sometimes need a bit of luck to get these badges. I got my pistol on Ghost Town while sniping from the roof of the building across the street from the flag closest to the SAS base. Some guy kept trying to get on top of the tall building and just kept climbing that ladder. I'd shoot him with sniper and then finish him with the pistol. He must have done it 5-6 times.

Comment

I found mine on a knife and pads only server
                    The same with the pistol badge

Comment

lol tried to avoid saying that. Becareful you do not get too big a high score on these. It will make it visible on your stats that you have used pistol and knife server. These servers are illegal when ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                        lol tried to avoid saying that. Becareful you do not get too big a high score on these. It will make it visible on your stats that you have used pistol and knife server. These servers are illegal when ranked.
                        Didn't know that how come they are ranked then? Are there any servers for explosive?

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
                          These are good tips. I'd add one - stay calm. A lot of guys miss opportunities for knife and pistol kills because they get hyped up and just blast away with their primary weapon when they are in an ideal situation to draw knife/pistol and get the kill. Coming upon a prone sniper from behind is a perfect example.
                          Best advice here.

A perfect example.. I was playing a round on Dragon Valley and came across an enemy squad camping a CP. I came upon them from behind, and instead of remaining calm I opened up on them with my carbine. I was able to drop 3 of them before the remaining 2-3 knew what was going on, and sure enough they turned around and got me.. immediately afterwards, I remember thinking that if I had just stayed calm and focused and thrown a gernade first, I probably could have taken out the entire squad single-handed. Hell, even attacking all of them with a knife probably would have given me a better chance at successfully eliminating them. Tactics work in this game.

Comment

Working...
                          X